Home

NBA 2K19 MyLEAGUE and MyGM Developer Blog

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 MyLEAGUE and MyGM Developer Blog within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 MyLEAGUE and MyGM Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
MyLEAGUE is BACK.

The deepest franchise mode in gaming history just got EXPONENTIALLY deeper and more customizable. Almost all AI issues pertaining to trades and free agency can be tweaked and fixed via the new sliders....

I’m sold. Preordering today. Done.
i havent actively posted or lurked on this forum in years. but i read this article and 2k i am back!!! i want to get back into gaming but focus on franchise modes took me out. but this is what i need and what ive been asking for

i cant wait to get this poppin and even join myleagueonline hopefully here or on anotehr forum i frequent
Old 08-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #58
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

2k has delivered. So what is the excuse now for not playing Online Mylg?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Just to clarify something, 2k is not a tiny team. Its a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive. Know who else is a subsidiary of Take-Two? Rockstar Games.

I know its a large company that owns 2K like Sony is a large company that owns SDS. I'm talking about the team that makes the game. Smaller than the force that EA has working on Madden. Close to same size SDS has working on the SHOW. That's my point, how this "small" team gets things done.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #60
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

I love the "Its still not good enough" mentality these guys have when it comes to MyLeague. 2k18 MyLeague was amazing, they could've sat back and left it untouched for this year but they continue to add groundbreaking stuff to this mode. I wish Madden and The Show had that mentality. I seriously respect and appreciate what 2k does for Franchise mode fans.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Old 08-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #61
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

Super pumped. Can't wait

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
and think of they money they make via the pure game sales + all this VC/MyTeam bollocks. But don't get me wrong, it's still great that they improve it like this....EA doesn't give a single **** about FIFA Career mode, certainly they dont improve it like this.
I truly believe EA lacks the skill and passion to do what 2k does, but 2k is definitely not a small fish. They're owned by the same company responsible for GTA, Bioshock, and Civilization.

Back to the topic at hand, I really want to know more about the ML sliders, particularly trade value. Having a bad contract on the books should be a handicap.

Look at the Wizards right now, their hands are tied as far as what they can do because they have some bad contracts. Real life this is a major obstacle to improving the team but in 2k, ship those contracts off for 2nd round picks to any team with the cap space to eat it. In 2k Deng's contract is not at all a problem, send him to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick. Lakers are free of that contract plus they get a draft pick. Not realistic at all.

I would love to see players with negative trade value, so that you have to bribe the other team into taking on the contract. Its a part of the rebuilding process.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I know its a large company that owns 2K like Sony is a large company that owns SDS. I'm talking about the team that makes the game. Smaller than the force that EA has working on Madden. Close to same size SDS has working on the SHOW. That's my point, how this "small" team gets things done.
Do you know that the team is smaller?
Edit: Because according to the developers, the 2k team was significantly larger:
"When it comes to the size of those teams, the three gentlemen differed on their answers. While Channon declined to give specific numbers, Graddy said the Madden team is "well over a hundred people," and Jones said the NBA 2K team is around 200 developers."

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 08-02-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #64
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Nice job. I would love this depth and customization in mlb the show.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »