Home

NBA 2K19 Art Feedback

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Art Feedback within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Art Feedback

One thing I noticed is that pretty much all of the jersey advertisement patches are way too small.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #10
MVP

Also, I wish 2K would just let us customize the length of all accessories already...

AD's t-shirt:

Kyrie's arm sleeve:

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 08-08-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #11
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
Even though it was an early build, post and discuss issues with player models, lighting, etc. from the screenshots and the new trailer with real-life comparison images. Only constructive criticism.
Hey, I want to thank the OP for setting up this thread. It's nice being able to frequent this thread and see what the artistic-minded people are looking for in a video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Hey, I want to thank the OP for setting up this thread. It's nice being able to frequent this thread and see what the artistic-minded people are looking for in a video game.
No problem. With all the great people giving great feedback and ideas for gameplay, I figured there should be a specific thread for art feedback. It'll be easier to compile all of our issues/ideas in one thread like MavsManiac made last year, in hopes that a 2K dev sees it and passes it to the art team (probably not, but we can hope right?).
Old 08-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #13
Pro

d23x's Arena

The entire art department should be fired. Things are always crazy inaccurate and idk how in the world you scan these players irl but modders are out doing you. The courts are dull and washed and the arena lighting is horrible. 2k has this weird fetish with wanting the game to look cinema esque & it’s annoying.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #14
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23x
The entire art department should be fired. Things are always crazy inaccurate and idk how in the world you scan these players irl but modders are out doing you. The courts are dull and washed and the arena lighting is horrible. 2k has this weird fetish with wanting the game to look cinema esque & it’s annoying.
The modders are are doing exactly that modding. Lets see them do it from scratch. Most of them only slap a higher res pic over an already created face.

I give some of them credit for fixing jerseys, courts or completely changing hair styles, but they have more leeway on PC.

If the art team could put super high resolution textures on everything and the game still be optimized for console and PC they would because It'd be less work for them.

I don't think some of you realize the constraints. I used say the same devs are lazy stuff but i have a better understanding now.

As to why certain players haven't been updated in years I'm with y'all on that. Hopefully they are continuing to update players.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #15
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
The modders are are doing exactly that modding. Lets see them do it from scratch. Most of them only slap a higher res pic over an already created face.

Nah..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 04:30 PM   #16
Rookie

And scanning is not really from scratch.

Perhaps 2K needs to calibrate the scan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »