Home

NBA 2K19 Art Feedback

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Art Feedback within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #41
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Art Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I think you're missing the point. The base Xbox One or PS4 versions may look similar to the PC version on medium, what happens to the PC version when you start adding higher-resolution assets and lighting effects? The frame rates take a hit.

As the game gets bigger and bigger some things will take a hit to free up disc space or download sizes.

If they separate Park, The neighborhood and my career from the base game they could achieve a much better-looking game all around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

I agree that things like lighting and higher resolutions can be limited on consoles. But I'm more referring to player models and likenesses. Changing the shape of a player's arms or creating a better texture map on their face isn't going to push the hardware any further. You can make the players look better without increasing the resolution or size of the files. Same with improving the fit of jerseys and shorts. Those types of things are not being limited by the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #42
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I agree that things like lighting and higher resolutions can be limited on consoles. But I'm more referring to player models and likenesses. Changing the shape of a player's arms or creating a better texture map on their face isn't going to push the hardware any further. You can make the players look better without increasing the resolution or size of the files. Same with improving the fit of jerseys and shorts. Those types of things are not being limited by the hardware.

How many players could they actually have a different skeleton for though and animations to work with all of them? That's why there's a limited amount.

I read a good article a while back about why games only have a few different sized characters.

The 3D skeletons, animations and motion engine all tie into each other somehow and I believe this is why the players have the odd lookin lower halfs.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 08-08-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxckBrxdlvy
it’s wild how y’all don’t think the devs see the same thing you’re seeing as far as inaccuracies. there’s a whole thread appreciating “the little things” they’ve included but y’all don’t think they recognize a player with the wrong haircut or too long shorts lol. ESPECIALLY when y’all bash them every year for not fixing it
Bro what??? Then why don't they just update every single player's hairstyle in the game along with jerseys and body type issues? The fact is that there are over 300 players as well as arenas, jersey, lighting, and many other things they have to focus on. Of course they're going to miss a lot of little details. That's why myself, and others before have made threads dedicated to art feedback to try and help out the art team. This is certainly not basing them in any way...

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 08-09-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #44
MVP

On another note, looks like LeBron is getting re-scanned so that's good news. Sorry for the large picture.

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 08-08-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:00 PM   #45
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
NBA 2K19 Art Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
How many players could they actually have a different skeleton for though and animations to work with all of them? That's why there's a limited amount.

I read a good article a while back about why games only have a dew different sized characters.

The 3D skeletons, animations and motion engine all tie into each other somehow and I believe this is why the players have the odd lookin lower halfs.

I agree with this logic. The problem is their base model should be a more prototypical nba player body. Start with a derozan type frame and branch from there. It seems they based their models off an average joe 6 ft 180 lb guy.

I’m more disappointed with wrong colored jerseys, courts, etc. Those are easy fixes. I’m just hoping they work on player models for the next gen. If New NBA live screenshots are anything close in-game, then they’ve surpassed 2k in that department already.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 01:19 AM   #46
Rookie

NBA 2K19 Art Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
Bro what??? Then why don't they just update every single player's hairstyle in the game along with jerseys and body type issues? The fact is that there are over 300 players as well as arenas, jersey, lighting, and many other things they have to focus on. Of course they're going to miss a lot of little details. That's why myself, and others before have made threads dedicated to art feedback to try and help out the art team. This is certainly not basing them in any way...

bro i promise the folks that pay them to make the game don’t care nothing about somebody wearing the wrong sleeve or having the wrong haircut. i actually like the art threads and people pointing out what’s missing for them to see. but when the same issues are complained about every year, it should be easy to assume that they’re aware of them. all i’m saying is, as frustrating as it is, 2k looks great enough to where i can understand them putting art accuracy on the back burner in favor of completing other, more important issues that need to be fixed.

Last edited by NxckBrxdlvy; 08-09-2018 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:00 AM   #47
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Please rework the accessory colors. Give us the option to select what color accessories each team wears, selectable to either Team Color 1, 2, 3, White or Black. And make the Team Colors strictly tied to the rebrand screen where we set the name and logo, NOT what colors are on the uniform.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 AM   #48
Rookie

Is it me or does Live 19 look amazing per the gameplay vid posted ? 2k game play is awesome but they need to take a look at live visuals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »