Home

Let’s talk about the 5-Out offense in Pro-Am

This is a discussion on Let’s talk about the 5-Out offense in Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Let’s talk about the 5-Out offense in Pro-Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
I think it has more to do with spacing and defenders playing help defense more so than worrying about the bobble animation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
people been complaining about spacing for years now, and 5 out was never a problem until now, im not saying you're wrong, but i tend to look at what changed in 18 that enabled this new cheese to thrive and i zeroed it down to ankle breaker spamming dribbles cheese, and bobble animations giving them the excuse to hold the ball the whole clock, they should implement a degrading effectiveness on ankle beakers the more you spam dribbles the harder it gets to break ankles, that might curb the 5 out iso cheesers, in real life ankle breakers dont happen after a dude does like 5 dribble moves, they will hit em with a size up,or triple threat pivot then move one way then crossover to the other side when defender going hard in the other direction, 2k ankle breakers dont work anything like that, in 2k you spam dribbles over and over and then a defender eventually gets forced into the animation even if they are just standing there not moving any direction, thats not realistic, ankle breakers should only happen if defender tries to anticipate a person going right and they go left for instance, in 2k ya can anticipate the guy going right but you might still get ankles broken, that needs to be polished

Last edited by 4xChamp; 08-17-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoTill
People will always run the easiest thing to do. The reason LBJ and Harden don't run 5 out all the time in real life is because they get tired from driving all the damn time. There are NO subs for our MyPlayers in PRO-AM.

Besides lowering the area of LIMITLESS RANGE(which I think it's implied they have done due them saying you only having Curry range in Takeover mode) I don't see what they can do. Only the community themselves can decide to run plays and if they don't need to in order to win then too bad. YOU(users who want me to run plays) some random anon in the Internet can't force me to run plays in any mode if what I'm doing works.

Basically what I'm saying is the community needs to get better 1 v 1 defense, better defensive archetypes and rotations.
Part of the issue here is tons of people running Point Guard, then not really taking on any of the actual Point Guard responsibilities.This is partly just due to bad Bball IQ on the part of some , and partly due to the game just letting some archetypes be so effective at so much that it discourages teamwork.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Part of the issue here is tons of people running Point Guard, then not really taking on any of the actual Point Guard responsibilities.This is partly just due to bad Bball IQ on the part of some , and partly due to the game just letting some archetypes be so effective at so much that it discourages teamwork.
they gotta reward pure point guard actions more than, like passing to open man even if they dont get assist from it, making correct pass outta double team, making right pass during pick and roll etc.

and as a side note i think 2k needs to implement matchmaking like nhl does, you lock in your position before searching for a game, then it gets you in a lobby you lock position wait for other positions to lock there spots in the game and boom full balanced team, and i know ya will say nba 2k everyone is pg's well in nhl everyone is wings, and no one wants to play goalie, yet their match making still finds full balanced teams all the time, and way less people play nhl than 2k, so there is no excuse for 2k to not have balanced position matchmaking yet in 2k, theres times i will play with my 6'2" pg and play the 3, then ill go load my center and play the 3 again cause now im matched up with 2 other centers, im not exaggerating either this happens all the time
Old 08-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xChamp
they gotta reward pure point guard actions more than, like passing to open man even if they dont get assist from it, making correct pass outta double team, making right pass during pick and roll etc.

and as a side note i think 2k needs to implement matchmaking like nhl does, you lock in your position before searching for a game, then it gets you in a lobby you lock position wait for other positions to lock there spots in the game and boom full balanced team, and i know ya will say nba 2k everyone is pg's well in nhl everyone is wings, and no one wants to play goalie, yet their match making still finds full balanced teams all the time, and way less people play nhl than 2k, so there is no excuse for 2k to not have balanced position matchmaking yet in 2k, theres times i will play with my 6'2" pg and play the 3, then ill go load my center and play the 3 again cause now im matched up with 2 other centers, im not exaggerating either this happens all the time
Exactly, the PG is generally the man to call plays, and can switch defensive matchups as needed,and more. These little things can be a big help and need to be rewarded.

I feel you on matchmaking too, I play PF and the game loves to put me way out of position to the point that it limits my effectiveness.Matchmaking would definitely help, not just with team balance but also encouraging players to be more diverse with their builds instead of the majority running PG so they can get their touches in.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Exactly, the PG is generally the man to call plays, and can switch defensive matchups as needed,and more. These little things can be a big help and need to be rewarded.

I feel you on matchmaking too, I play PF and the game loves to put me way out of position to the point that it limits my effectiveness.Matchmaking would definitely help, not just with team balance but also encouraging players to be more diverse with their builds instead of the majority running PG so they can get their touches in.
yup people will start making more shooting guards and power forwards then, because eventually they will notice theres a need for more players to play those positions

i just thought of another feature they could implement is if say your a sg, you can say your secondary and even third position preference aka you can play the 1 and 3 also to reduce matchmaking search times... or say if you wanna just play your primary position the 2 match making times may be longer, and boom simple fix all problems solved with messed up line ups on pro am walk on

Last edited by 4xChamp; 08-17-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #70
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

Quote:

They do this to an extent in all-star matchup. I agree. Matchmaking is bad. Sucks playing with AI or being forced to play way out of position. My 6'4 point guard should barely every play SG, let alone SF.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
yup people will start making more shooting guards and power forwards then, because eventually they will notice theres a need for more players to play those positions

i just thought of another feature they could implement is if say your a sg, you can say your secondary and even third position preference aka you can play the 1 and 3 also to reduce matchmaking search times... or say if you wanna just play your primary position the 2 match making times may be longer, and boom simple fix all problems solved with messed up line ups on pro am walk on
I like that idea; as a PF I don't mind moving over to the SF at all.Just please stop putting me at SG against actual SG's lol .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #72
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

I hate when matchmaking puts me at PF against stretch 4. If it where up to me, I would never ever play any other position, but center.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »