Home

Mike Wang New Shooting Poll

This is a discussion on Mike Wang New Shooting Poll within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2018, 04:59 AM   #129
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Mike Wang New Shooting Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xChamp
I'm gonna try and explain how i think to fix shooting

easy answer i dunno how 2k10 had it right but somehow 2k10 had balanced 3 point percentages, as ya can see here, 40% from the best crews in the world was above average 3 point shooting, in 2018 that kinda 3 point shooting from a team would be viewed as pathetic to 2k gamers, but to real basketball 40% from 3 as a whole team is exceptionally hard to do...

now that was a little explaining of it wasn't always messed up, so now how do we fix it?

if we can revert back to 2k10 perfect but im not naive im sure its not like the flip of a button to roll back shooting that much, but how can we get back to what 2k10 shooting did right? reward open shots with great timing, it used to be the only way to get a green, a heavily contested shot should never green, maybe go in like 10% of the time but never green, open shots should go in 50-70% of the time givin a 85% or better release early or late, 3-5% green window, that should bring back skill based shooting back into the game, if not, oh well i tried, anyone else got any ideas?

keep in mind in 2k10 every player on the court could have a 99 three pointer yet the 3's were not exploited back then

This is what I was saying earlier in this thread. 2K10-2K11 Crew had realistic shooting imo. Like you said most people had 99 3 and even the best players was barely shooting over 45% from 3.

That’s why I say the shooting and the introduction of green releases = 99.9% make is where it really started going down hill. Back then, people wasn’t really complaining about missing green releases. Even if you were open. You’d just get back on D and know that was a good shot, you just missed. Man, I miss those days. Sadly, I don’t think Mike will ever go back to that because of the outrage on Twitter and YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #130
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang New Shooting Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Back then, people wasn’t really complaining about missing green releases. Even if you were open. You’d just get back on D and know that was a good shot, you just missed. Man, I miss those days. Sadly, I don’t think Mike will ever go back to that because of the outrage on Twitter and YouTube.
This this this

The response to one or two missed shots doesn't yield the response "I/He needs to get an easy bucket to get back into a rhythm" or simply "it happens"

nowadays it's "This jumper sucks! You're trash bro!" followed by forcing more bad shots and then blaming everybody else or the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »