Home

Will 2ks CPU react to my movement or my controller input?

This is a discussion on Will 2ks CPU react to my movement or my controller input? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Will 2ks CPU react to my movement or my controller input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
There are times when the cpu will stonewall you with the worst defender and box you out as soon as you pass. They don't even have to wait for your teammate to brick, you're already out of the play.

I had to put the game down earlier when Mo Harkless hit 3 3s in a row and was bodying my character up for multiple possessions.

Cpu can't just turn defense up to 11 when ever it wants otherwise you just feel cheated.
Hopefully no one chalks this up to anticipation because it simply isn't.

Stonewalling is real. Evident when chaining moves and they're already standing where your second move ends before you've really even started your first.

I think cpu randomly turning off/on Kawhi mode is what leads to people thinking comeback code is in the game... It's really noticeable when CPU is making a late run in a close game and all of a sudden Gerald Green is clamping Durant
Old 08-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #10
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Passing is where this is most obvious. The eyes in the back of the head issue is definitely still there.

As far as 'stonewalling' though, it's entirely based on the fact that the body sensitivity slider was hiked up on Hall of Fame during the year to off set the fact you could essentially blow by anyone before that.....even so, you can still completely leave guys with crossovers or direct drives at times. 2K17 had a 'sticky defense' issue, 2K18 absolutely does not...probably too far at the other end of the spectrum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-13-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:58 PM   #11
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Definitely not based on input. I mostly watch CPU CPU games and I see the same issues you guys see.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 12:27 AM   #12
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

No. the're going to stand there, let you finish, and have you do some bs you didn't even input into the controller. you'll get a turnover, defensive breakdown, allow score off turnover, and your "team mate" who might be in a position to defend will james harden the situation.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:54 AM   #13
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

The passing anticipation is terrible. Sometimes it seems like they're moving before you even hit pass.

They're times when my teammate is so wide open up court that I have to pass it, even knowing this issue. Picked 95% of the time by a defender turning into Ed Reed and coming off his man as soon as my finger hover over the pass button.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:23 AM   #14
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Passing is where this is most obvious. The eyes in the back of the head issue is definitely still there.

As far as 'stonewalling' though, it's entirely based on the fact that the body sensitivity slider was hiked up on Hall of Fame during the year to off set the fact you could essentially blow by anyone before that.....even so, you can still completely leave guys with crossovers or direct drives at times. 2K17 had a 'sticky defense' issue, 2K18 absolutely does not...probably too far at the other end of the spectrum.
I can say that this was not my experience. Even with the body sensitivity slider under 10, I still get stonewalled by bad defenders very often. It happens very often, even with obvious mismatches against a slow, lumbering center.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #15
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I had one instance last night that was overly frustrating. I had a fast break with Wiggins during one of the CPU's super spurts, it was me vs Myles turner who was around the restricted area. I did a spin layup, left him cold in his stance, only to rise up for the layup, and he warp through me, jumping at the same time as I did, and block the shot, while nailing me in the head (the game actually picked up the collision of his arm w my head), yet no call, blocked shot morphing through my guy, only after jumping simultaneously with me and not "looking" at me to block the shot, if any of this makes sense.

It's just overly frustrating during those circumstances, because the game "can" play a good game of basketball until it relies on junk like that. They started off the game up 28-11, and I was fine w/ losing. I can lose, as long as it's legit. I was missing shots, they were playing tough/gritty defense, and I wasn't hitting shots. I started changing things up, running different plays, and attacking mistmatches, and closed the lead.

Then that's when the "junk" started. Players warping, players reacting to the controls in a 1:1 method. Like mentioned earlier, icon passing. As soon as I tapped the corresponding button, the defender was already reacting, etc. Those things, gotta go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #16
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

The ai can be way out of position, but as soon as i pass the ball they immediately start moving and get a one handed steal.

This was another band-aid they put in to stop passes into the paint, but all it does is make the game more unrealistic because the ai looks psychic and passing looks slow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 08-14-2018 at 10:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »