Home

Post Scoring shouldn't slow down small guards

This is a discussion on Post Scoring shouldn't slow down small guards within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 04:35 PM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Post Scoring shouldn't slow down small guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, but LeBron is one of the fastest guys in the league in terms of end to end speed. How do you think he gets all those chase down blocks after just hitting a layup on the offensive end?
But that's the kind of speed we're talking about. Those guys up there didn't have that type of speed. They used acceleration and a little quickness. And some hustle. We're not talking Iverson kind of speed and quickness.

I think Paul Pierce said it himself. If he wasn't for his height. He wouldn't have made it to the NBA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #10
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with the original post. I'd like to be able to make a guard who can score with post moves and I don't think that means I'm trying to make a superstar.

That is, I should be able to prioritize post scoring at the expense of other methods of scoring (moving shots, three pointers, slashing) rather than at the expense of a physical trait.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #11
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't know why. But I just don't agree with this thread.

One, you pick a type and deal with the weakness and Strength of the build you choose.

Second, You do know you just picked some of the slowest players in the NBA history. Paul Peirce is slow, Melo just as slow, Kobe might be the fastest of this group. You know what made these guys "fast"? Their skill and quickness.

Third, Why does everyone in the my player community compare themselves to NBA legends? lol I wouldn't let any of you guys go passed 95 lol jk

I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like the limitations of the build, then pick something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 05:20 PM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Clancy
I agree with the original post. I'd like to be able to make a guard who can score with post moves and I don't think that means I'm trying to make a superstar.

That is, I should be able to prioritize post scoring at the expense of other methods of scoring (moving shots, three pointers, slashing) rather than at the expense of a physical trait.
So your saying because your a guard. You should be as fast as a slasher. You see where the problem comes in. Everyone starts becoming the same. No balance or difference between builds. If your going to be a guard post up. Think of the Mark Jackson of PG. Stop trying to be Magic.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #13
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
Prime melo isnt slow even now he still has great foot speed offense

And actually his first step in his prime was basically legendary. There was a reason he put up 30 ppg in his prime. Too fast and strong for anybody to keep up. A lot of nba guys say prime Melo was their hardest cover ever. He may not have had rim to rim speed like Bron or John Wall but his first step was fast and powerful.

I agree with the OP as well. For guard arechetypes post scoring shouldn’t affect speed. Some of the attribute restrictions plain and simple make no sense. So because I’m a sharp I’m AUTOMATICALLY slower than a slasher? Like i deal with it because it’s all in the name of game balance but if the game was balanced good they wouldn’t have to put these trash limits on us in the 1st place. If pure sharps weren’t so OP it wouldn’t matter if you made a fast or slow one. I don’t subscribe to the idea that just because your a playmaker your the fastest build either. One that comes to mind is André Miller. One of the best assist men in the league and never was an athlete.

If they want a truely customizable experience they need to go over all their physical ability caps again. Let us upgrade our physical stats how we want. If i want my pure glass to be on the slow side but insanely strong i should be able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #14
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
So your saying because your a guard. You should be as fast as a slasher. You see where the problem comes in. Everyone starts becoming the same. No balance or difference between builds. If your going to be a guard post up. Think of the Mark Jackson of PG. Stop trying to be Magic.

I guess you're taking what I said to the most extreme...lol.

Nah, instead what i'm saying is that your chosen method of scoring (i.e. post scoring) shouldn't fully dictate your physical traits. Stated another way, being a post scorer shouldn't automatically mean super strong and very slow. We could have the option for fast and not as strong.

As i've noted in other posts, the current system is limited. Yes, slashers as a class should generally be faster than post scorers. But not all 6'6 200 pound slashers run at the same speed, and not all post scorers are the same strength. Giving us some flexibility would be amazing...Not sure how giving players options would decrease diversity.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #15
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
And actually his first step in his prime was basically legendary. There was a reason he put up 30 ppg in his prime. Too fast and strong for anybody to keep up. A lot of nba guys say prime Melo was their hardest cover ever. He may not have had rim to rim speed like Bron or John Wall but his first step was fast and powerful.

I agree with the OP as well. For guard arechetypes post scoring shouldn’t affect speed. Some of the attribute restrictions plain and simple make no sense. So because I’m a sharp I’m AUTOMATICALLY slower than a slasher? Like i deal with it because it’s all in the name of game balance but if the game was balanced good they wouldn’t have to put these trash limits on us in the 1st place. If pure sharps weren’t so OP it wouldn’t matter if you made a fast or slow one. I don’t subscribe to the idea that just because your a playmaker your the fastest build either. One that comes to mind is André Miller. One of the best assist men in the league and never was an athlete.

If they want a truely customizable experience they need to go over all their physical ability caps again. Let us upgrade our physical stats how we want. If i want my pure glass to be on the slow side but insanely strong i should be able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The problem is that no one is going to pattern their My Player after real life expectations. Do you really think someone would create a slow Sharpshooter if given the option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #16
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The problem is that no one is going to pattern their My Player after real life expectations. Do you really think someone would create a slow Sharpshooter if given the option?
If it costs them sufficiently in other places.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »