Home

NBA 2K19 Arcetype Takeover Abilities (what we know so far)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Arcetype Takeover Abilities (what we know so far) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K19 Archetype Takeover Abilities (what we know so far)

This week Mike Wang has replied to tweets with information on the takeover abilities for each archetype. I'll keep this post updated as more information comes out.

General Information

Takeover just applies to your primary arch until you reach 94 overall. At that point you get TO for both primary and secondary archs. If you're a pure you stay hot longer at 94.

Takeover length depends on your overall rating. bums can get it but it's super short. significantly longer for good players.

You have the ability to use Takeover off rip. It's not a badge, it's tied to your arch. You just won't have the full capabilities of your TO until you get your badges and ratings up.

Playmakers

Playmakers are the only ones who can put someone on their back with an ankle breaker. They also get boosts to their shot after breaking someone off the dribble and an extra dimer-like buff to their teammates.

Slashers

Slashers get a big boost when using euro, cradle, hop step, and spin lays and boosted contact shots in Takeover. Dunkers unlock special contact dunks that no one else can get.

Athletic Finishers

Mainly the same (as slashers) but they can clear guys out in the paint for dunks since it's tougher for them to beat guys off the dribble.

Post Scorers

Post scorers get a lot in Takeover. Power back downs, clearouts, and spin/drive content unique to their arch. Boosted hooks, fades, shimmys. @CHoops4Life hooked you up this year.

Lockdown Defender

Locks will be able to stonewall ball handlers more frequently than most other archs. Rim protectors unlock grab blocks and other content. Both archs can cancel offensive badges and Takeover skills. They can also knock the ball free when colliding with receivers.

Paint Protectors

Paint protectors get exclusive block content, snatch/grab blocks and smash shot %s om good contests. They also cancel offensive Takeover skills when they're hot. Eg. You can't clearout a hot RP.

Sharpshooters/Stretch Bigs

Takeover modifies shot windows for shooting builds to make it easier to hit perfect timing. It also boosts (or unlocks) the full potential of the shooting badges. For example w/ Limitless, only Sharps in TO can bomb from Curry range with any effectiveness.

Sharps are the only builds who get the "green animations" (ie. the showboat shot landings)

Glass Cleaner

Glass Cleaners got a lot of love this year. One of my favorite additions is in Takeover they get a target on the floor showing where the ball's gonna go on missed shots. Gives them a huge rebounding advantage. They also get elbow clearouts after Off. boards prior to putbacks.

Shot Creator

Shot Creators get a boost when shooting advanced jumpers like spin and stepback shots. Can also break ankles with stepback jumpers when in Takeover.[/quote]

Last edited by Vic_Clancy; 08-16-2018 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Updated tite to say "NBA 2K19" rather than just "2K19"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
T.B
Rookie

T.B's Arena

Re: NBA 2K19 Arcetype Takeover Abilities (what we know so far)

Cant wait for my pure lockdown
Old 08-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

As far as takeover system . I’m mostly interested in the lockdown , paint protector .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

For my guard, I'm deciding between some permutation of shot creator, playmaker, and slasher. This is leaning me towards playmaker (though I couldn't care less about ankle breakers, that dimer boost seems great).

For my bigman, was thinking defense primary, and shot creator or post secondary. This is making me consider post primary. But I've been burnt before.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Not bad, I'm liking what I see. I'm interested in either a paint protector or a 3&D PG or SF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I like the idea of two takeovers but it took forever to get to a 94. Definitely making one build .

All this sounds good but it’s 2k . The only thing that matters is sharpshooting lol .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Clancy

Glass Cleaner

Glass Cleaners got a lot of love this year. One of my favorite additions is in Takeover they get a target on the floor showing where the ball's gonna go on missed shots. Gives them a huge rebounding advantage. They also get elbow clearouts after Off. boards prior to putbacks.

What's next, training wheel visual cues to tell people when to take a shot? If you need to be shown where the ball is going, you probably shouldn't make a glass cleaner to begin with.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #8
MVP

Hmm....so at higher Overall 2 Takeovers and it lasts much longer? Beginning to worry again, hope it doesn't turn into some kind of deal where whoever gets their "ultimate" first runs away with the game; way too video game-y for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »