Home

Do you think NBA 2k19 will surpass your expectations?

This is a discussion on Do you think NBA 2k19 will surpass your expectations? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Do you think NBA 2k19 will surpass your expectations?

Or will the opposite happen ??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Do you think NBA 2k19 will surpass your expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Or will the opposite happen ??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Tbh, I have no idea. I honestly thought 2K18 would be the best 2K that I've played, but I was really underwhelmed and didn't really enjoy it much.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
Rookie

I mean the addition of MyLeague Online is absolutely a game changer. So it definitely has my attention right now. However, it all boils down to gameplay. If theres still a lot of morphing, sliding, & just terrible AI in general then no it wont.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #4
Rookie

This is a weird question. I mean if I don't think it'll surpass my expectations I'll just readjust my expectations.

I've pre-ordered it and expect to play it until the next installment, I always enjoy 2K each year even if some are more enjoyable than others so I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet to expect 2K19 will be no different.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

Well, I think there are higher chances that it will surpass because I don't have many (good) expectations, to be honest. 2K18 is by far the one that has infuriated me the most, and at least some of the reasons I don't expect them to be fixed anytime soon; I hope some others are and I can turn a blind eye and enjoy the game as much as possible if I buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #6
Banned

I’m honestly expecting the game to be another train wreck for me personally

1. Based off the ghetto gameplay clips that I’ve seen, legacy issues (like sliding and warping) still very well exist. I’m expecting defense to be as much of a headache as it was last year and years prior.
2. From a visual standpoint, it’s already confirmed to be right on par with 2k18. Which isn’t necessarily a good thing. Another year of inaccurate courts, pitch black crowds, and graveyard lighting. Yuck.
3. CAP has already failed to exceed my expectations due to the fact that we still won’t be able to add tattoos, masks, goggles, mouth guards, or import faces via Image upload. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they took away the few body types that they allowed us to choose from last year.
4. I doubt that the Court Creator was revamped. If it was it would have been addressed in the MyLeague blog. Pretty sure we still won’t be able to add images to the sideline and baseline.
5. I doubt that retro filters were brought back, and I doubt that any new classic teams were added because if that were the case, some would have been announced by now. If you remember, this time last year, they were announcing them left and right.
6. I’m expecting another corny MyCareer storyline and I’m expecting them to add even more pointless things to the Neighborhood for VC purposes
7. Last but not least, we all know once the complaints (from casuals) start rolling in, so will the patches. And as a result, the game won’t be nearly as good as it was at launch...same ole story this entire generation.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 08-16-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #7
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

I don't know to be honest with you. I mean the only that has me intrigued is the historic draft classes because I am an old school guy and I would love to re write history.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2018, 11:38 PM   #8
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I sure hope so, I just preordered this game today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »