Home

VC in 2k19

This is a discussion on VC in 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #17
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: VC in 2k19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
buy VC for things you need is just optional. VC doesn't force you to buy if you don't want to pay
Even if you don't buy VC it is painfully obvious in MyCareer how badly they are pushing for you to buy it and how they have intentionally made it more unenjoyable so people would buy VC.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

They make tons of money off VC. I'm sure high percentage of gamers who bought legends edition soley for the VC last year.

They don't force you to buy VC. But starting players out at 55-60, they want you to buy VC so you can be competitive early. I did it one year, but I didn't feel good doing. Last few years, I waited a few months to play mycareer while I stocked up on VC on other modes. Will do the same this year
Old 08-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Even if you don't buy VC it is painfully obvious in MyCareer how badly they are pushing for you to buy it and how they have intentionally made it more unenjoyable so people would buy VC.
Especially when each year, the story is based on a hyped phenom coming in, yet you start out at 60 OVR. That's why they don't let you upgrade in Prelude or before you get into league because they force you to play as a 60 OVR hoping you would want to buy VC right away so you can play like the phenom your player is hyped to be
Old 08-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #20
T.B
Rookie

T.B's Arena

OVR: 0

700 vc per PNO game is all that's needed.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #21
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
It's one of the things I don't understand about VC and Microtransactions. Everyone seems to hate and criticize these systems yet people pay for them and they are extremely profitable.

It's hard to blame any gaming company for incorporating microtransactions into their products when they are making money because of them. Why would they listen to public outcry when numbers tell them they're making a profit off the sales?

If people want to see an end to VC and Microtransactions we need to band together and stop paying for this stuff. Maybe I'm old school but I could never justify paying real life money for virtual videogame currency, stat boosts, or minor in game items.
Easier said than done. Being an individual who NEVER bought VC in past games even I have to admit that 2K18 was at a different level of "forcing" you to buy VC. Past games, people bought VC mostly out of pure impatience. If you didn't buy it, you could earn it at a "reasonable" rate. I normally earned my VC by playing mainly PNO, and I could create 1-2 players. Earning it at a reasonable rate was crucial for me, because I don't have the time to play this game 2-3 hours everyday. It's the old cliche of "I got other life responsibilities.".

This was the first year where I genuinely thought about buying VC, because the grind tested even MY patience...nevermind trying to buy clothes for my character. That's a luxury. I bought one outfit just so I didn't have to wear the brown shirt anymore.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-17-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #22
Rookie

VC/microtransactions are a shame on an AAA game.

You want microtransactions, release a free 2 play not a 60/100 bucks game.

in contrast to (real) DLC, VC do not bring anything. Everything is already in the game you've paid, but you have to paid more for unlock...
Old 08-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
VC isnt goung anywhere.

We can only hope 2K learned its lesson last year and it's not as intrusive as it was in 2K18.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed, VC and likely my Player being connected to Park and Pro-Am is not going to go away, at least not until the microtransaction bubble bursts.

The best we can try for is pushing them to keep the grind to a reasonable level,possibly getting them to tone down the in your face marketing of VC.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #24
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Just as long as kids continue using parent’s Credit cards, VC won’t be going anywhere
I wish people would stop pushing this old, tired narrative. The majority of people who buy VC are grown adults. They would rather give 2k $50 instead of grinding. Which is fine by me, if you wanna spend your money on VC go ahead. If you don't, that's fine also

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »