Home

VC in 2k19

This is a discussion on VC in 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #41
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: VC in 2k19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Either that or if they're going to start you off as a 60, then let people play in Summer or G League so at least you're playing against people on your "level" stats wise, like no higher than 75 OVR or something.

You could apply it to online too; then people who want to grind or people learning the game can do so in a way that is reasonably balanced without worry of being destroyed by dudes who decide to buy VC and max their player right out of the gate.
THIS all day!! i had no problem with 2k16. i played mygm on harder difficulty and park and proam games. with the vc ramp up due to difficulty levels in mygm gms it made it reasonable enough to earn good vc between the 3 modes. they need to turn that back on so the vc earned scales on offline gms. the grind was unreal on 2k18.

it just sucks because youre almost forced to buy vc simply because everyone else does. i grinded my main SF up to 91 from 60. same with my C whos 90 from 60. lots and lots of unfair arse whoopings in park cuz they let ppl boost to 85 off rip. NOT FAIR!! it was 12:30am or so on release day and park is filled with 85s already. how in the world can a 60 compete!! who at 2k didnt think about the grief for everyone else who decided not to boost to 85ovr first day??

i love that idea about a online summer league or something where its level capped for ppl who dont want to buy vc or sectioning off courts in park to ratings caps. they have to do something. 2k18 was crazy. if they dont address this for 2k19 i may be done with online gaming on it. im not gonna take unreal and unfair arse whoopings cuz i dont empty my wallet or wait 2 months to grind up to a 85ovr to play a online mode until i level up to reasonable competitiveness where everyone else essentially "cheated".
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Remember when 2k (community)was about head to head action? VC has NO effect on that at all but now with Park and Proam it is at a premium. Actually 5v5 8s the best part of the game but doesn't get half the burn that other modes get.

Now if they got rid of MT and only used VC for MyTeam then maybe a lot more people would jump into that pond too.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 08-17-2018, 05:22 PM   #43
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
THIS all day!! i had no problem with 2k16. i played mygm on harder difficulty and park and proam games. with the vc ramp up due to difficulty levels in mygm gms it made it reasonable enough to earn good vc between the 3 modes. they need to turn that back on so the vc earned scales on offline gms. the grind was unreal on 2k18.

it just sucks because youre almost forced to buy vc simply because everyone else does. i grinded my main SF up to 91 from 60. same with my C whos 90 from 60. lots and lots of unfair arse whoopings in park cuz they let ppl boost to 85 off rip. NOT FAIR!! it was 12:30am or so on release day and park is filled with 85s already. how in the world can a 60 compete!! who at 2k didnt think about the grief for everyone else who decided not to boost to 85ovr first day??

i love that idea about a online summer league or something where its level capped for ppl who dont want to buy vc or sectioning off courts in park to ratings caps. they have to do something. 2k18 was crazy. if they dont address this for 2k19 i may be done with online gaming on it. im not gonna take unreal and unfair arse whoopings cuz i dont empty my wallet or wait 2 months to grind up to a 85ovr to play a online mode until i level up to reasonable competitiveness where everyone else essentially "cheated".
That was one of my suggestions...have venues where similar ranks can play against each other and get an opportunity to play. The thing about park is that some people can be some real snobs about who they play with. ProAm is indirectly immune due to the blind matchmaking, but I remembered playing as a 70 something and getting MURDERED by a maxed out 80 something player.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #44
Banned

If NBA Live was smart, they'd be the "Anti-VC" alternative. They seriously should demonize the crap out of 2K for the play to pay game it's become. This would be a great marketing angle for NBA Live, put commercials all over TV pointing out 2K's VC cash grab greed.

Let's be honest, this is 2K's dirty little secret. They know they're taking advantage of the consumer at this point. Everything in the game is completely manipulated towards spending $20-$100+ on VC. Karma's a B. You get cocky, and bad things happen. 2K will not have the fan-base's loyalty forever if this shady VC practice goes on. VC is fine up to a point, within reason. When the game becomes unplayable without VC, it becomes unreasonable, irrational, and just a flip off to the fans who ALREADY BOUGHT the game for $70 or $100. Again, karma's a B. And if 2K19 continues this flip off to the fans trend, 2K's BRAND and REPUTATION will be damaged extensively --- which is harder to repair long term than making revenue.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That was one of my suggestions...have venues where similar ranks can play against each other and get an opportunity to play. The thing about park is that some people can be some real snobs about who they play with. ProAm is indirectly immune due to the blind matchmaking, but I remembered playing as a 70 something and getting MURDERED by a maxed out 80 something player.
Yep, to me it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. You could take the current Pro-Am arena, dress up with different court graphics,etc. and put a max OVR cap to play on it.I know for me it could increase my enjoyment greatly, just being able to gradually build a player up and still play online without worrying about getting destroyed by some player way out of my league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #46
KP3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyfingers
Do you realize that you paid for upgrading a virtual character ?
I'm pretty sure he knows that. He's not the only one that wants to enjoy a product that they've already paid for. My solution is to just create a player for MyLeague and play as if it's MyCareer.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #47
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Yep, to me it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult. You could take the current Pro-Am arena, dress up with different court graphics,etc. and put a max OVR cap to play on it.I know for me it could increase my enjoyment greatly, just being able to gradually build a player up and still play online without worrying about getting destroyed by some player way out of my league.
Exactly! I would probably play ProAm more than PNO if they implemented that. Of course, they'll never do that, because that setup wouldn't put the pressure on me to get good immediately.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Exactly! I would probably play ProAm more than PNO if they implemented that. Of course, they'll never do that, because that setup wouldn't put the pressure on me to get good immediately.
The irony is that without the pressure, I would probably play the game in dedicated fashion much longer than I have the past few entries nor would I be as annoyed with the omnipresence of VC.

Plus you could actually enjoy experimenting with different builds since you wouldn't have to make a major investment of time or (virtual) resources.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »