Home

FUN Thread: NBA 2k14-NBA 2k18 Post your favorite and least things about each game

This is a discussion on FUN Thread: NBA 2k14-NBA 2k18 Post your favorite and least things about each game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
FUN Thread: NBA 2k14-NBA 2k18 Post your favorite and least things about each game

NBA 2K14: 8.0
+ Graphics. Amazing courts and player models. Soundtrack is stellar.
+ Gameplay was good, fast paced, just overall fun. Probably the most arcade style we've seen.
- Lacking game modes and coach settings. Roster saves downright broken.
- Jordan's face, among others. Bad bad!
- Missing lots of Legends

NBA 2k15 - 8.5
+ Darn good gameplay, coach settings were really good. I thought I could play defense in this game.
- Bad soundtrack. Presentation getting stale.
- Legends faces were atrocious.

NBA 2k16 - 9.2
+ Arugably the best gameplay the series has seen. Excellent player models. New classic teams added. That's awesome. My career mode was pretty good.
- Going offline made me sad.
- Presentation still lacking

NBA 2K17 - 7.6
+ Fun My career and My Team mode. Dream Team is back! whoop whoop!
- A.I issues defensively. Player models went to Gumby style. Worse the series has seen. Soundtrack, meh....
- At launch, this game had severe issues defensively.

NBA 2k18 - 7.8
+ Gameplay is pretty good with all the final patches. Player models are pretty good. Much better than 17. Pretty good Soundtrack. All Time Teams is a huge addition.
- My career and my team mode. Don't get me started. You already know.

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 09-03-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FUN Thread: NBA 2k14-NBA 2k18 Post your favorite and least things about each game

Don’t have a rating for each one but I’ll list things I liked and disliked.

NBA 2K14: lighting and gloss was a tad overdone but still nice, in hindsight players could’ve been built better but at the time I thought most looked great. Easily the most bare bones 2K this gen and the Jackson Ellis mycareer story wasn’t good. Soundtrack was way too mainstream. Not a horrible game but I wanted more from it, so decent.

NBA 2K15: really dull compared to the shine of 14. Songs that I liked were on the soundtrack but it wasn’t a good soundtrack for a basketball game. Gameplay was...ok. Wasn’t bad but I wouldn’t say good. 14 edges it from a gameplay perspective and the mycareer in 15 was ok with terrible voice acting but still ok.

NBA 2K16: the best overall game of this gen so far, good gameplay, good soundtrack, mycareer story was horrible and that’s sad because I expected more outta Spike Lee but being able to play high school and college was a great touch. The park was fun but 7’3 demigods were a problem. A good amount of legends in this game as well. The issues this game had weren’t big enough to make it anything less than a really good game.

NBA 2K17: the WORST game in the series, worst body types, mycareer was cheesy and arcade like until you got traded from Justice, the whole “orange juice” thing was just bad. Gameplay could’ve been worse but that don’t mean it was good.

NBA 2K18: the 2nd best game this gen, has gameplay issues but still was pretty good. DJ mycareer story was horrible and so is b fresh and a couple other mycareer things. But gameplay was overall decent to good. Graphically the best game in the series all it needs is 2K14 lighting. Classic teams needed an update but still best this gen. Could add more but this already a lot.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FUN Thread: NBA 2k14-NBA 2k18 Post your favorite and least things about each game

Good post, seems fun. Here's my opinion. Forewarning that I mostly just play mycareer with a little PNO and local play mixed in.

2K14: Didn't have a PS4 yet, no basis to judge

2K15: Best, imo Perhaps colored by nostalgia goggles, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game, especially the mycareer. Had it not hooked me, who knows if i'm still playing 2K. The mycareer had a simple story, and freedom to build your character as you saw fit. Played the hell out of it. Park was sort of cheesy and it was dumb that you couldn't play with your friends that had joined the other parks...but I had some great times.

2K16: 2nd best The Spike Lee story did nothing for me, but overall I enjoyed the mycareer. The remixed parks were fun. But overall, nothing really stands out to me about this game. Enjoyed continuing to build my characters as I pleased.

2K17: meh x 2 Mixed feelings about this one. Still enjoyed it. Really enjoyed the story. Pres was cool and I enjoyed OJ. I bought into the concept, just wish my primary myplayer wasn't a PG. This game gives me hope that one day we'll get to play two myplayers at once. Gameplay wise, i'm split. Archetypes were an interesting concept, but in hindsight...probably the low point in character creation in the series. We lost the freedom we had in 2K15/16, and didn't get the dual archetype freedom of 18 yet. I'll credit it for breaking up the monotony of everyone being able to do everything on the court, it just wasn't mature enough yet. But fault it, for also being the reason I had 8 builds.

2K18, what could have been...: This game had the potential to be great. However, the (lack of) story, no skippable scenes, game-breaking bugs at launch, and other well-known issues completely marred this game. Park + pro-am were almost unplayable at times with the sharpshooting and left-right cheese. With that said, I still had fun with this game. I actually really enjoyed the off-line portion of mycareer, finishing a season for the first time since the half seasons of 2K15. Dual-archetypes were very welcome after the experiment that was 2K17. The historical teams were fun to run with and against.

2K19...let's hope this game becomes what 18 could have been. All signs are pointing up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »