Home

MyCareer trailer coming tomorrow

This is a discussion on MyCareer trailer coming tomorrow within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:51 PM   #9
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer trailer coming tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargroverichie
Looking back I really missed Justice in my career with this B Fresh mess this past year....Justice was actually useful in my career and All B fresh was was someone to help advertise 2ks ads. Shammy was J.R. on 2 bottles of Henny sometimes shooting everything he felt like. 2k18 career was a hot mess.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Ya, I'll take a return of 'Orange Juice '.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:56 PM   #10
MVP

ph33's Arena

You know what would make this trailer the GOAT trailer? If at some point I see "Press X to skip cutscene" in the trailer

TBH I can't wait to see how absurd the new story is. I have very high "expectations" for this
Old 08-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Main thing I didn't like about 2k17 was that I didn't have the same experience with Justice. I felt teammates played better in 2k18. 3pt shooters as teammates are always streaky if you are a dimer or have a teammate with dimer. So for me, Justice rarely had a good game and isn't as good of a defender as he would have been in 2k18. I had a generated teammate who was a absolute superstar who could play any spot in the frontcourt.
Main thing I didn't like about 2k17 was the whole Orange Juice theme. I didn't mind the boost you get while in that mode. But, "Orange Juice" seemed very corny. If it has to be a story, I would like to start out similar to 2k15, but a different beginning. Starting out as a UDFA, choosing a team and starting in Summer League and having to earn your spot and not being a "hyped" player. But I do miss the draft
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 11:11 PM   #12
Pro

As long as I can get badges in the park and don't have to play myCareer I'm good.

I appreciate the time and money they spend on the mode to get the actors and a script, but it's always corny, you can't skip the 40 minute cutscenses and it's not myCareer if I'm playing as somebody with a premade name and story.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:21 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
You know what would make this trailer the GOAT trailer? If at some point I see "Press X to skip cutscene" in the trailer

TBH I can't wait to see how absurd the new story is. I have very high "expectations" for this
I'm fully prepared to play as a Brain Surgeon/Lawyer/Rapper/Special Forces Commando who plays B-ball for fun in between trips to Mars because he's also an Astronaut.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:29 PM   #14
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

All I want in MyCareer this year is what they put in MyGM.

The option to opt out of the story and just play like you want.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #15
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

I just wish they add an online & offline mycareer. Offline to create a fantasy Lebron type player etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #16
Rookie

yeah im honestly sick of the story orientated stuff. I would love a sim type career with G league and summer league stuff built in. Obviously the dream is a fully featured college season to build your hype before the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »