Home

NBA 2K19 MyCareer Trailer & Screenshots - NBA 2K19 Prelude Arrives on August 31

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 MyCareer Trailer & Screenshots - NBA 2K19 Prelude Arrives on August 31 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #73
Rookie

Chillyt200's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 MyCareer Trailer & Screenshots - NBA 2K19 Prelude Arrives on August 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
Folks already mad about things they don’t even know about.
I don't think people are mad because of what they dont know...I think they're mad because they feel 2k doesn't listen to the fans and for 69.99 or 99.99 they should listen a lil more

me personally I'ma wait and see type of guy and I enjoy MyPlayer but the preset nickname and the increasing amounts of VC you have to spend yearly does bother me a bit.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #74
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: NBA 2K19 MyCareer Trailer & Screenshots - NBA 2K19 Prelude Arrives on August 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I love a good single player, story focused game I just don't need it in my sports games. I wonder what the demand is for story modes in sports games. Do people really want a single player, cinematic story driven mode or would they be just as happy, if not more happy, with the old traditional my player/my career where you start in high school/college, get drafted (or go undrafted), and make your way through the league building your legacy.
If the storyline is well written, I can play any single player mode in any genre. Personally, I don't want the cliche high School, college, draft, and play a bunch of NBA games gameplay. That's boring to me.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-21-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #75
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I need a blog...trailers are cool but I need the meat and potatoes. I don't get hyped for trailers much anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #76
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Speculation: This seems like it's getting further and further away from what people actually want in a sports career mode. Just like Madden's Longshot. Nobody wants to be bogged down by celebrity cameos or cut scenes to sell me cereal and chips. We just want to start off as a prospect and work our way to the league and enjoy the payoffs of a reasonable grind. The neighborhood is cool, but it feels like these story lines are getting more and more contrived. I wonder if they'll ever split the mode from the story like MyGM so I can just play through it similar to how 2k10 was.
They really should poll fans to see if fans actually want these story driven modes because they could save a lot of time and money by focusing on a traditional my player/my career type mode. Just looking at this thread alone it doesn't seem like anyone is anxious to play the mode. I could be completely wrong but I don't think 2k would be losing fans or see a drop in sales if the story driven focus of my career was removed.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

Cutscenes really need be skippable. On a whim one night, I wanted to start a new MyPlayer (my original character got hit with the glitch shortly after the release and I abandoned the mode)... basically it was almost two hours of unskippable cringeworthy cutscenes I had already seen before I could get to play a game in Park mode [followed by me holding "next" for 8 minutes only to have a full squad run over and bump me out hahaha]

2K could learn from Madden in one aspect... respecting the players time.

Madden lets you breeze through games, whether its the intro/end of plays/timeouts/quarters/game. The amount of button presses you need to get through all that bs in 2K is unreal/unnecessary.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #78
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

People has been complaining about scripted stories not original!* Yes, in the earlier version but this is something that "possibility" is happening to guys who don't get drafted and force to play overseas in another country.* Props to 2K to give us the other side of the coin.*
Old 08-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #79
Pro

I won’t comment on the AI nickname until we get news. History tells us that our name will be forced and it will be AI.

BUT seeing as there’s an NBA legend that goes by AI already. What if AI is just the place holder as in “Artificial Intelligence” and we can actually change that?

Probably wishful thinking tho lol.

If it is a premade name it’s gonna suck. I don’t understand why they just can’t use generic nouns like dude, man, bro instead of an actual name. But whatever.

Here’s to hoping AI is a place holder. Whatever the case may be. Hopefully we can still earn badges in the Park. But knowing 2K they’ll probably take that out because that’s just what they do when they have a good thing lol
Old 08-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #80
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacemanNOT
Jesus christ another forced storyline.

Cool that the G-League is incorporated, and some overseas ball but that's about it. Corny characters, cringy jokes... these guys never learn.
Looks like they at least went out and got people who can act. MBJ was really good when he was casted as Justice. That leaves me with some optimism for it to be tolerable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »