Home

I'm excited about Defense as a Secondary Archetype.

This is a discussion on I'm excited about Defense as a Secondary Archetype. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm excited about Defense as a Secondary Archetype.

From what I've read on reddit, Defense as a Secondary Archetype won't drop your offensive stats as much. I don't know if that's true or not, but this will be great if so

In NBA 2k18 I made 2 way post. Post Scoring Primary, Defense Secondary.
Build was good on defense, but it seems the offense wasn't there. Low dunk rating, and post Fade/Hook/Hop Step were very inconsistent even at 86. So from what it looks like in 2k19, Improved Post game + Better offensive stats with defense as secondary archetype + Choosing our own cap breakers

If everything points to the stars I may create that build again. And this will definitely dominate in nearly all areas. 7'0 245lbs 99str. Fast enough to guard stretches, strong enough to stop 7'2 340 bigs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Re: I'm excited about Defense as a Secondary Archetype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
From what I've read on reddit, Defense as a Secondary Archetype won't drop your offensive stats as much. I don't know if that's true or not, but this will be great if so

In NBA 2k18 I made 2 way post. Post Scoring Primary, Defense Secondary.
Build was good on defense, but it seems the offense wasn't there. Low dunk rating, and post Fade/Hook/Hop Step were very inconsistent even at 86. So from what it looks like in 2k19, Improved Post game + Better offensive stats with defense as secondary archetype + Choosing our own cap breakers

If everything points to the stars I may create that build again. And this will definitely dominate in nearly all areas. 7'0 245lbs 99str. Fast enough to guard stretches, strong enough to stop 7'2 340 bigs.

Strong enough to stop BAD bigs.

No two way build could stop my pure post in 18. With that said 2k18 was the worst 2k ever for defense. They held your hand on offense so much you basically HAD to score if you had any brain at all.

If defense truely is fixed then i don’t see me going defender secondary. If dudes can still activate dunk animations with no skill then the two way post scorer comes on to the table of possible archetypes i May make

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Strong enough to stop BAD bigs.

No two way build could stop my pure post in 18. With that said 2k18 was the worst 2k ever for defense. They held your hand on offense so much you basically HAD to score if you had any brain at all.

If defense truely is fixed then i don’t see me going defender secondary. If dudes can still activate dunk animations with no skill then the two way post scorer comes on to the table of possible archetypes i May make

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Defense wasn't good, but those badges matter. Even if they fixed defense, those badges still matter. Silver Rim Protector really ain't that good. My 2 way post with Gold Rim Protector wasn't getting called for fouls and wasn't getting dunked on as much as my other builds. Numerous times I've been dunked on even with a perfectly timed block attempt, which would've never happened under the 2 way post.

Not worried about post scorers, I can guard them decently, though I haven't ran into a good one. They're scorers, they gone get their points on the 'outside'. 7'3 340lb Slashing rebounders are my only concern. Stretch bigs are barbeque chicken. Pure Glass don't have inside finishes and Lockdowns don't have inside finishes against Gold Rim Protector.

Post scorers are hard to stop. My technique is not posting up with them and putting my body on the baseline. This counters the spin moves and drop steps. I usually leave just enough space to avoid the post up animation, but also to contest the post fade. If they manage to get inside, I still have Gold Rim Protector to fall back on. I'm still testing this theory. Hopefully defense is fixed

I think my only concern is, will 99str at 245lbs matter vs a 340lb big with 90str.

Last edited by ImInThis; 08-28-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
I think my only concern is, will 99str at 245lbs matter vs a 340lb big with 90str.
Well the max weight is 290 this year, so that helps from the jump.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #5
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Pure post

Rebound/Defender or Pure glass cleaner

my two builds im strongly considering, however i wont really upgrade the rebounder/defender or glass cleaner once i get him to 85 ill just get him the badges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 12:52 PM   #6
Rookie

I wish I could see how much your offense takes a hit if you put defense first. I want to make a “glove” type with a defensive playmaker
Old 08-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I will never make a two way build on the wing again . Silver defensive stopper is trash. Doesn’t affect gold or HOF.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I will never make a two way build on the wing again . Silver defensive stopper is trash. Doesn’t affect gold or HOF.
That could change though. We'll see what happens when the game come out. Somebody gonna post all builds day 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »