Home

Reaction to Year 2 of The Park/Neighborhood

This is a discussion on Reaction to Year 2 of The Park/Neighborhood within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction to Year 2 of The Park/Neighborhood

Please. Work. Properly.

I pray we don't need 12 patches this year for the game to function correctly. It's a lot going on this year in the neighborhood and I pray it isn't in BETA form on release day.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
It is the ongoing debate of casualization(or "accessibility" as the industry calls it) versus core gameplay that's been going for years in the industry.

I will say that at this point,I would like it if 2K would just make a decision as to which fanbase they want and commit fully to it so we would know where we stand instead of trying to mix and match.

Like the old saying saying goes, you can't please all of the people all of the time.
I’m sorry but that would be a terrible business move. No successful business is content catering to a single demographic. That’s not a winning formula.

We can argue about whether it’s compromised their sim content and gameplay by focusing on this new neighborhood and “juvenile” content but over 10 million copies sold tells a different story. I see comments in here everyday of guys retiring from 2K yet year over year they’re pushing more and more copies.

Not every piece of content in the game is for every person to participate in. There’s gonna be years where 2K doesn’t spend as much development time on your mode. It’s crazy to me that people can’t come to grips with it.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:47 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Honestly, I just think it’s time to get over the fact that there IS another genre out there outside of ours, and that 2K giving that genre attention isn’t the end of the world, nor is it going to stop. We clown those silly comments under*the MyLeague blog posts , who don’t recognize the work Los and company put in to create a solid offline environment, but we essentially do the same….because this isn’t what interests us. I mean, I’ve seen guys spend a ton of time here complaining about microtransactions*who don’t even play online, or aren’t even effected by it. There are so many holes to bury your head in with this series, I think people would be much more happy gamers if they allow themselves to do so and don’t get so caught up in this stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #12
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Please. Work. Properly.

I pray we don't need 12 patches this year for the game to function correctly. It's a lot going on this year in the neighborhood and I pray it isn't in BETA form on release day.
Last year's PA Region lock business was no bueno. Took at least 2 months before we could all connect to the same arena.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #13
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

I'm cautiously optimistic. I generally like where the game is going, and on paper it seems like they're making improvements.

There's a lot of "I just want to play basketball" sentiment, and I get it, I do. And I even agree and have uttered that phrase before. But for me, it was always about unskippable cutscenes and having to run 2 miles to get to the mode I want. If I boot up NBA 2K and want to play basketball, nothing should encumber me from doing that...I don't think these extra additions do.

And I also don't get the feeling that these additions are coming at the expense of gameplay improvements. They've clearly been working on the game play and addressing the concerns we've had. It's not like the same people working on the neighborhood are the ones working on the gameplay.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Honestly, I just think it’s time to get over the fact that there IS another genre out there outside of ours, and that 2K giving that genre attention isn’t the end of the world, nor is it going to stop. We clown those silly comments under*the MyLeague blog posts , who don’t recognize the work Los and company put in to create a solid offline environment, but we essentially do the same….because this isn’t what interests us. I mean, I’ve seen guys spend a ton of time here complaining about microtransactions*who don’t even play online, or aren’t even effected by it. There are so many holes to bury your head in with this series, I think people would be much more happy gamers if they allow themselves to do so and don’t get so caught up in this stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Preach preach preach!

I won't go in detail you pretty much summed up what i think but there are so many mislead notions going up and down so the gameplay is there, the park is there, the vc is there, every other thing is to each person liking, choose yours; have fun don't over think or react; the bigger the revenue from VC or whatever the better the gameplay gets every year, we didn't see the other way around so we have to appreciate these gaming era. As a person coming from 80's-90's gaming childhood, this era is so amazing for sports gamers. Let the love spread some more and positivity along. Peace.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:13 AM   #15
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Microtransactions in games exist for a while already and there are plenty games where its introduced without breaking competative integrity like its the case with nba2k.

Absolutely, I never wanted to defend 2k nor did I want to say that I like how 2k utilizes mtx. As you said, there are plenty of game where mtx "are done right". Just wanted to say mtx wont go anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I’m sorry but that would be a terrible business move. No successful business is content catering to a single demographic. That’s not a winning formula.

We can argue about whether it’s compromised their sim content and gameplay by focusing on this new neighborhood and “juvenile” content but over 10 million copies sold tells a different story. I see comments in here everyday of guys retiring from 2K yet year over year they’re pushing more and more copies.

Not every piece of content in the game is for every person to participate in. There’s gonna be years where 2K doesn’t spend as much development time on your mode. It’s crazy to me that people can’t come to grips with it.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I don't necessarily have anything against the new content.

I would simply rather they would focus on doing a number of things nearly perfectly than overdiversifying and doing tons of things " just alright" then having people from both sides complain about a myriad of issues all year long, as is often the case with the NBA2K series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »