Home

Still no '16 Championship Cavs team?

This is a discussion on Still no '16 Championship Cavs team? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #33
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still no '16 Championship Cavs team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I want to say they're working to get role players too. I don't believe Luther Head was in the game last year. I was playing 2K16 the other day, and I'm just astonished how many players they added since then. Some teams' benches were looking really thin.

I had recently played 2k11 for the first time in a while. Outside of Jordan's signature animations, legends content was horrible. Outside of the Bulls teams, all of the classic teams only had 5 players for a starting lineup and all fillers for the bench. With them taking a year off from adding new teams, I'm expecting some deeper classic teams just like the 08 Rockets
Old 09-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Really? No classic additions? That's me done then. Another year with 2k16 it is!

Wtf we knew there was going to be no new teams the whole time. 2K’s never added classic teams two years in a row. They sharpened them up and added new legends from what I’m hearing tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayska23
Wtf we knew there was going to be no new teams the whole time. 2K’s never added classic teams two years in a row. They sharpened them up and added new legends from what I’m hearing tho.

I don’t understand why no new teams would make him want to go back to 2k16. There has been so much more legend content added since 2k16. 2k16 is pretty sad in comparison to what we will have in 2k19
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdog Millionaire
I don’t understand why no new teams would make him want to go back to 2k16. There has been so much more legend content added since 2k16. 2k16 is pretty sad in comparison to what we will have in 2k19

100% fact it’s like people forgot all time teams got added last year.
With the new cap this year and player DNA idk what more you can ask for? 🤷*♂️
I just hope we can get bald Alonzo for the ‘06 Heat.
And the ‘04 Lakers needs updates too

Old 09-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #37
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's really not that deep. 2K Sports is not obligated to get ALL past players. I don't what game people are playing, but they do a GREAT job of adding players. The Pacers are THE example of this. Before last year, I had no team to play with in PNO besides the current team (don't remember if the classic team was in 2K17). That was the MAIN reason why I bought 2K18 which was for the All-Time Pacers that could be used immediately in PNO then they added Granger later in the season. I was in 7th heaven.

Someone made a list of what players were added and who was removed. CLEARLY, more players were added than removed. To say that 2K Sports is not giving love to the classics teams, because they didn't add such and such player is ridiculous. In fact, I think it's rather selfish and screams entitlement to "pass" on this game. If graphics or signature moves is the reason, then whatever. That's your decision. To skip a game, because they add the team or player you wanted then play it off as "they don't care about the classic teams" is just dumb.

If they remove or add players, I'm willing to bet 99% of the time it has do with some legality that we don't know about or understand like Bosh and Hibbert.
I don't disagree. I just think it could be beneficial for 2K to have more dialogue with us about the classic teams and players so we aren't so in the dark. It would help with the complaints and the crazy speculation people sometimes come up with to explain why certain players or teams aren't in the game.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm pretty pleased the legends are still in the game. I honestly didn't think they would last this long. If they add a few players every year I'm fine with that. I mostly play offline franchise and I'm willing to be creating be to fill out incomplete rosters. If a player is missing, I find a similar current player. Usually it's the role players that are missing so I'm content with what 2k is offering.

Now if they got rid of the legends I might pass on the title for awhile.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:04 PM   #39
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I'm pretty pleased the legends are still in the game. I honestly didn't think they would last this long. If they add a few players every year I'm fine with that. I mostly play offline franchise and I'm willing to be creating be to fill out incomplete rosters. If a player is missing, I find a similar current player. Usually it's the role players that are missing so I'm content with what 2k is offering.

Now if they got rid of the legends I might pass on the title for awhile.
I don't think they'll ever take legends out. Especially with legends being such a huge part of MyTeam, where they make tons of money.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:06 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I don't disagree. I just think it could be beneficial for 2K to have more dialogue with us about the classic teams and players so we aren't so in the dark. It would help with the complaints and the crazy speculation people sometimes come up with to explain why certain players or teams aren't in the game.

Barkley has said why he isn't in the game. I feel Reggie Miller's and Rasheed Wallace's reasons are similar. As far as recently retired players missing (Chris Bosh, Monta Ellis, Mike Miller, Roy Hibbert, etc.), once a player has been out of the league for 2 years, they are no longer apart of the players union. 2k must then strike a separate deal with that player to bring them back

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »