Home

Is more VC the only benefit of raising the difficulty?

This is a discussion on Is more VC the only benefit of raising the difficulty? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is more VC the only benefit of raising the difficulty?

I can't play the prelude because I erased my save file, but I was wondering if raising the difficulty gives you more than just more VC. Does it give you more badge progression, as well? If it doesn't, I think it should. Getting a block/steal/making shots/etc on HOF should give you more points than on rookie. It just makes sense to me.

More VC is nice. Sure. But my main concern when I start mycareer is to get all of my badges in the least amount of time as possible. If raising the difficulty doesn't give me more badge progression, there's no incentive for me to raise the difficulty besides pride that I got my badges playing on a higher difficulty. I will just make it light on myself and play on rookie to give myself a better chance to get my badges up. Then, after I get all of my badges, I can raise the difficulty if I'm still playing mycareer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is more VC the only benefit of raising the difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLPGBoy
I can't play the prelude because I erased my save file, but I was wondering if raising the difficulty gives you more than just more VC. Does it give you more badge progression, as well? If it doesn't, I think it should. Getting a block/steal/making shots/etc on HOF should give you more points than on rookie. It just makes sense to me.

More VC is nice. Sure. But my main concern when I start mycareer is to get all of my badges in the least amount of time as possible. If raising the difficulty doesn't give me more badge progression, there's no incentive for me to raise the difficulty besides pride that I got my badges playing on a higher difficulty. I will just make it light on myself and play on rookie to give myself a better chance to get my badges up. Then, after I get all of my badges, I can raise the difficulty if I'm still playing mycareer.

Can you even change the difficulty? Not sure if it matters if you can though. I'll say no. all I know is that from playing the Prelude it's a lot easier to get coins. I'm happy about that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
Pro

I would imagine the multiplier will be for both but I guess we’ll find out.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Can you even change the difficulty? Not sure if it matters if you can though. I'll say no. all I know is that from playing the Prelude it's a lot easier to get coins. I'm happy about that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I can't really remember if you can change the difficulty because I was only on the main mycareer menu 1 time, but that would probably be where you could change the difficulty before you play your next game.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I would imagine the multiplier will be for both but I guess we’ll find out.
Yeah. They might multiply the whole total score, but maybe not give more points out individually for blocks/steals/etc. So your progression bar might fill up faster for playing on a higher difficulty, but your badges will go up at the same rate on any difficulty. If I'm an 85 overall from the start, I'll probably still play on rookie if I know that badge progression is the same on any difficulty, even though I'm giving up a chance to get to a higher overall faster.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »