Home

NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #2361
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBjam
The game is decent I must say but let's hope 2K20 has less lag. The past few months has been 100% lag every game on 2 different ISPs and technologies.

All games going down to wire against fast break, 3 point chucking, offballing, hunt for the human cheese.

I'm still above 80% win rate in over 120 games since having my PS hacked and having to start again. Granted I play in the lower leagues I don't bother to move up much. It's just to much work to play with lag and teams I'm unfamiliar with. 99 Knicks are fun tho. Love Sprewell/Houston combo.

With lag the opponents are nearly always on fire. Major glitch in this game...if it's going to be slow then make it the same speed for both players and don't let 1 player make shots easier than the other.

I miss easy layups because it thinks I'm holding the button to long...meanwhile Meyers Leonard and Kanter can hit 3s.

I lost the most absurd game to the Blazers with ridic shooting. Just kept laughing to myself. Lillard finally misses a 3 but wait the long rebound bounces right back to him at the 3 line...
Sounds like a typical Blazer game to me. Lillard hitting an ungodly amount of 3's (I'm almost convinced he's worse than Steph Curry), but when he FINALLY misses, Kanter is down in the paint snatching offensive boards left and right no matter how well you box him out. Even you do box him out, the ball magically comes out long to him. Just realized that I lost my five matches to the Blazers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #2362
Rookie

Lillard is insane on this game and idk why because his ratings are less than what he is IMO. He has 82 three but I smack em in like it’s 95 it’s nuts. Idk if it’s his release and I’ve used Portland my entire 2k life or what, but he doesn’t miss open shots.

On the other hand... McCollum with virtually the same three rating, plays like its 75. I almost hesitate to take threes with him because he always clanks them. Same with range shots with ET even though it’s high 80s. Like idk why I ever settle for jumpers with him because he’s a force inside.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #2363
Rookie

I think I’m done trying to make the Heat a thing. Solid defensively but I can’t get buckets at all. Especially against other good users. Then once my guys are fatigued, the 5pt game becomes a 20pt blowout.

Also can 2k redo the tiers now that teams are getting their injured players back? The wizards are OP for tier 3 teams. And some of the low overall tier 2s would be fun to use in Tier 3 (Kings).
Old 05-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #2364
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockinJs
Lillard is insane on this game and idk why because his ratings are less than what he is IMO. He has 82 three but I smack em in like it’s 95 it’s nuts. Idk if it’s his release and I’ve used Portland my entire 2k life or what, but he doesn’t miss open shots.

On the other hand... McCollum with virtually the same three rating, plays like its 75. I almost hesitate to take threes with him because he always clanks them. Same with range shots with ET even though it’s high 80s. Like idk why I ever settle for jumpers with him because he’s a force inside.
Yes he never misses when he's an opponent except when I play as them I don't know the release well enough + lag so he's not a threat.

Kanter is great down in the post. That's his game IRL.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #2365
Rookie

Love Kanter. Him and Nurkic made such a deadly 1-2 punch. I think in the ten or so games I played with that duo, I went 10-0, with like two close games. Can’t go small cuz then Kanter is guaranteed 2pts and if you go big, my duo is likely better than yours and I’ll kill you with Lillard/McCollum. The only other team that rivals it is Indy with Turner/Sabonis. They’re not quite as good inside but they’ve got a ton of range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2019, 11:47 PM   #2366
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I've been playing with the Nets. And everyone been playing with the Blazers. I'm sure these kids have never heard of Jason Kidd. Because he shuts down Lillard each time lol. And if you remember the Nets. I get a lot of run outs after a defensive stop. Lucius Harris is the only player I wish their would sign.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2019, 12:58 AM   #2367
Rookie

Tbh I do t struggle much vs other Portland users. They all Jack terrible shots with Lillard and quit in the 2nd q. The trick with using Portland imo is working their bench. Evan Turner as PG is filthy at getting to the hoop. Meyers Leonard is a beast stretch 5 if you can get his release. Then mix in some Hood and Layman. I personally don’t play Curry. I like to go big on the bench with ET and Hood at guards. Gives me size and shooters. Sometimes I’ll start Collins and play Aminu off the bench. But yeah, Portland isn’t that good if you can’t work the others. Leonard’s release is slow af so ppl usually suck with him even if wide open. Then they have no clue what to do with Turner and try to force Seth Curry into awful situations.

Every rockets user I play is also terrible. They all just shoot threes with harden. I had one dude quit at half after going like 1-15 with Harden. I was like “no way this guy is in my tier he prob just bought the game.”
Old 05-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #2368
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Yeah, Portland is really starting to piss me off. There's nothing special about this f*cking team, but I keep losing to them. It's literally the same thing. Jack up shots with Damian Lillard, Kanter snatches up all the offensive rebounds, steal spamming (yet this team can avoid fouls, but I'm picking them up left and right), and for whatever reason my team always decides to shoot below 40% while getting blocked or missing numerous layup attempts.

I can't even leave Kanter open, because my last opponent shot 2/3 from 3PT land with him while Myles Turner is airballing his 3PT attempts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »