Home

NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #2393
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Play Now Online Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Yeah...they're already messing with my sanity, lol. I lost another two games to them last night. When I compare rosters (Pacers vs. Blazers), I feel like I should never lose to them, but I do. Truthfully, Kanter and Lillard are the main problems. The scary part, I think they have an All-Star who's still injured. That team is going to be a handful when they get returned to full strength.

Just a heads up... I’d put Sabonis on Kanter. He’s stronger than Turner and is strong on the box out. He can’t defend Kanter all that well but at least he’s not letting Kanter get easy boards or getting under the hoop on the post up.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #2394
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Man this mode is horrible now...
Old 05-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #2395
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Using the Bucks for the first time. Da_Czar did an amazing job with their offense. Thank God it's not a freelance. Just have plays is having the offense. So at least I can play with Giannis but not feel bad about it lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #2396
Pro

I'm finally coming back around to hating steal spamming. It has way too much upside and is way too annoying to have almost no negative consequences. It makes doing everything so much more annoying and impossible at times. Your opponent can just switch and spam constantly, if they reach it will either block you from doing anything, steal the ball, or least likely of all it will cause a meaningless foul.

Having fouling being the biggest penalty does nothing to prevent steal spam. The foul limits for players and teams is the same as a full length NBA game, but 2K games are half as long, which means you can fouls TWICE as much as you would be able to in a real game. Having a player get 4 fouls in the 4th quarter is unheard of, and even if it did happen the chance of getting 2 more fouls is nearly impossible. I don't think I've ever seen a player foul out in 20 years of 2K.

The limit to reach the FT penalty is also high compared to how long the games actually are, so you are almost never in the penalty capitalizing on a fouling opponent, even if they are spamming and actually getting called for hacking all game.

Right now I can't even be really mad at steal spammers because it has such a ridiculously high upside, and absolutely no downside.

I can't think of a reason to NOT steal spam.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #2397
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Let's play if you're on PS4 - name is Find_the_Door

I'll show you how deadly CJ McCollum can be
I'm a X-Box player....
Old 05-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #2398
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

I got in contact with 2K support and they confirmed with me that I cannot get demoted from the GOAT league. This is very unfortunate. Hate getting matched up against all time teams while using regular teams. I will be very careful in 2K20.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #2399
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Tercero
I got in contact with 2K support and they confirmed with me that I cannot get demoted from the GOAT league. This is very unfortunate. Hate getting matched up against all time teams while using regular teams. I will be very careful in 2K20.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That's why I just stay at freshman - I still get good competitive matchups and I don't have to wait 20 mins for a game either.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #2400
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
I'm finally coming back around to hating steal spamming. It has way too much upside and is way too annoying to have almost no negative consequences. It makes doing everything so much more annoying and impossible at times. Your opponent can just switch and spam constantly, if they reach it will either block you from doing anything, steal the ball, or least likely of all it will cause a meaningless foul.

Having fouling being the biggest penalty does nothing to prevent steal spam. The foul limits for players and teams is the same as a full length NBA game, but 2K games are half as long, which means you can fouls TWICE as much as you would be able to in a real game. Having a player get 4 fouls in the 4th quarter is unheard of, and even if it did happen the chance of getting 2 more fouls is nearly impossible. I don't think I've ever seen a player foul out in 20 years of 2K.

The limit to reach the FT penalty is also high compared to how long the games actually are, so you are almost never in the penalty capitalizing on a fouling opponent, even if they are spamming and actually getting called for hacking all game.

Right now I can't even be really mad at steal spammers because it has such a ridiculously high upside, and absolutely no downside.

I can't think of a reason to NOT steal spam.
Well there's always the to many penalties glitch lol. Will it be 2 fouls or 8 fouls haha? I've had dudes had that many fouls against me but that message has probably only popped up once. Where as it's probably happened to me 20-30 times for only 2-3 penalties/fouls.

But more to your point, it's the AI steals that annoy me sometimes, way to aggresive. Steal spammers aren't hard to beat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »