Home

NBA 2K19 Oklahoma Thunder vs Milwaukee Bucks 1vs1 Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Oklahoma Thunder vs Milwaukee Bucks 1vs1 Gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #41
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K19 Oklahoma Thunder vs Milwaukee Bucks 1vs1 Gameplay

Gameplay looks good put a couple things that still are off. The scoreboard says "Milwaukee Arena" when it actually shouldnt say anything. And the court is still last years version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #42
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Actually i did, and i see what your talking about, everyones animations for the most part seem more grounded, not everyone is high flying athletes.

Also i guess il just throw this in there because you might know, but with the takeover system, if say someone like Kobe, who might be a sharpshooter and a slasher, if he shoots his way into takeover, would it activate his slashing takeover also? Or a player like Shaq, who i would imagine would have glass cleaner in his archetype, if he got takeover from grabbing rebounds etc, would it activate his post scoring takeover?
I just had a tip in with Kevin Love that was way below the rim. I dont think I'm seeing things. I wish I still had 2K18 downloaded so I could compare.

As for your question, that's a good one...I dont know...
Old 09-03-2018, 10:40 PM   #43
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

From watching these vids it still looks like 2K18 and the amount of sliding is still evident. Players cover more space than they should. Spacing is a concern as well, I really don’t see what you guys are seeing with the gameplay being so congested like in previous years.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:12 PM   #44
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

-They really improved default user AI defense awareness this year. CPU teammates going for on ball steals and playing the passing lane like I have never seen before.

-This is the best implementation of "live ball" that 2k has ever released, from the way the ball comes off the rim to when and how the players react to a loose ball. It doesn't look or feel scripted at all.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
From watching these vids it still looks like 2K18 and the amount of sliding is still evident. Players cover more space than they should. Spacing is a concern as well, I really don’t see what you guys are seeing with the gameplay being so congested like in previous years.
Yeah I really wish 2K would fix the sliding in their game. It's one of the few complaints & pet peeves that I have with the game. Players constantly slide into position to receive passes without moving their feet, especially during inbound passes. This game would be so much better if they addressed foot planting properly.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 09-03-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 11:22 PM   #46
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Yeah I really wish 2K would fix the sliding in their game. It's one of the few complaint that I have with the game. Players constantly slide into position to receive passes without moving their feet, especially during inbound passes. This game would be so much better if they addressed foot planting properly.
Even with the player who has the ball, it looks like they’re taking 3-4 steps before the ball even hits the ground. Also players are shuffling and covering so much court without moving their feet properly which looks really aesthetically bad and not improved at all.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:47 AM   #47
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
-They really improved default user AI defense awareness this year. CPU teammates going for on ball steals and playing the passing lane like I have never seen before.

-This is the best implementation of "live ball" that 2k has ever released, from the way the ball comes off the rim to when and how the players react to a loose ball. It doesn't look or feel scripted at all.
Yh I noticed that too. Thats definitely improved and it feels like your AI is actively trying to make plays on defense now. The only thing that's still kinda flawed is the AI's default defensive logic. Like sometimes they'll just straight up leave top scorers wide open to play help defense, for example.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:33 AM   #48
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

The AI looks good, and i'll probably end up getting the game in a month or 2, because ball is life, but i don't know how much shelf life it will have for me given i've already played 2K16-17-18 so much. Even the running animations are the same ones from 2K11.

Not to mention the lighting makes the players look flat & dull. E.g. player arms look like they're just one colour, like a cartoon. There's no shades or reflections or camera lens effects or anything like that. It doesn't look like a real broadcast. It really just looks like a last-gen videogame with how the visuals look. Arenas don't look great. AND, the players are sliding around.

^ These are the things that ruin the suspension of disbelief for me. I thought for sure by 2K19 this game would be hard to tell if it's a real broadcast or a video game. But it's easy to tell that it's a videogame. The graphics haven't progressed much since 2K14-ish.

Some positives. The animations look fantastic, that has always been 2K's strength, and i'm sure the AI will be very advanced. The blocking physics look awesome to me. <-- that's what has stood out the most.

It's just the lighting, visual depth, and sliding that are gonna kill my suspension of disbelief. Hopefully it's fun to play. Last year was fun at first but became frustrating after a few patches (as an offline user)

Last edited by Barncore; 09-04-2018 at 02:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »