Home

NBA 2K19 Video - MyCAREER with Chris Smoove

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Video - MyCAREER with Chris Smoove within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:45 PM   #25
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2
"I dont know but im thinking chris doesnt have access to that beings that only prelude is out and he is at home and not 2k studios he may have only access to the prelude but i maybe wrong"

2K stated he was given FULL access* to My career.....and here we have it! Thanks 2k and* Smoove for this .....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 03:00 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K19 Video - MyCAREER with Chris Smoove

I love everything in the video. Except for the Team Takeover forcing you to control all 5 players.

Can we have an option not to do that and stay player-locked and still get the boost for the whole team? I’m just not crazy about controlling teammates in this mode and prefer the separation between this and MyGM/MyLeague.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:44 AM   #27
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm liking the user experience focus and improvements. Making choices play out faster and clearer is never a bad thing.

With the modifier back, it seems to me 2K is at least open to trying to find a balance with VC accrual, which is somewhat gutsy given the model wasn't broken $ wise. We'll have to wait to find out for sure but I'm really hoping this leads to a more enjoyable grind. I guess it doesn't mean the grind will be any shorter but here's hoping. Hopefully it at least means quicker upfront progression and perhaps more of a grind down the back end - people wanting to go to 96 and beyond are probably more tolerant and expecting of a grind, but it was too much of a grind IMO to get to just 90, for instance.

Get me to 90 quicker, and I'll enjoy it far more, be more willing engage with the mode. It's not like more ~90's online will make much of a difference really.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #28
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

OVR: 0

This looks amazing!
Old 09-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #29
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Tercero
So from what I saw, we earn attribute points from mypoints. So does that mean we can't improve our players from Play Now Online anymore since (assuming) we only get VC from there?
I think the MyPoints are only for increasing attribute caps. VC will still be used to raise the attributes themselves.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I think the MyPoints are only for increasing attribute caps. VC will still be used to raise the attributes themselves.
Correct, MyPoints are basically XP towards cap breakers ; you still have to spend VC to actually purchase the attributes.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #31
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Not wild about the Gatorade boost being back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #32
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaityla
Man its great to see Smoove in Mycareer trailers, especially with this 2K being the 20th. I remember watching his 2k10 and 2k11 and growing fond of 2k because of his commentary and gameplay. This is a great way to show love to the person who really put mycareer on the map
He basically invented what MyCareer is today with his creative story telling in between the actual games in 2K11. I don't watch him anymore but gotta give it to smoove. He was good back in the days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »