Home

NBA 2K19 Gameplay Blog with Plenty of Gameplay Videos (via @Da_Czar)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Gameplay Blog with Plenty of Gameplay Videos (via @Da_Czar) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #81
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K19 Gameplay Blog with Plenty of Gameplay Videos (via @Da_Czar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Man this thread is amazing for information. Czar, I think I can speak for everyone when I say we truly appreciate the activity in here and the feedback.

You are tireless sir!

Very interested personally in what you said about each teams playbooks being replicated (to make each team's closer to their respective stuff). Kind of got mixed signals there. Are we saying it's more likely going to be in a future game or are we saying it will be something the will be/can be added incrementally throughout the year? (this question is really for anyone who knows, not necessarily just big Czar).

Just kind of brings me back to 2K11 - I distinctly recall your Thunder (10 Teams in 10 Days) showcasing a great KD flare action which they were actually running.

Just want to try and gauge my expectation levels for this installment or the next.

Thanks again for everything you pour in man. Auto purchase for me as long as 2K have you on their team.
Said he can update plays in a roster update...cant do anything until we see what teams are running first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #82
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0

I love the changes to how ai reacts to defense !!! I am having issues running the PR sequences however, specificly the the ones involving a N1 pass to WING. The sequences break down when the on ball screen is to be set. I realize what is happening is the screener is reacting to being left open and expecting you to pass for the shot. I just wish that the sequence didnt break down intirely. I often wind it in my best interst to look off that shot and procede down my progressions to what i would consider a higher percentage shot.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:17 PM   #83
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

I also wanted to comment on the potential of the new series funtions In future 2k installments! Imagine if they were a sub set of the freelances instead of a substitute. Starting out your triangle for a series of possessions by initiating i dunno say ucla cut or center opposite without breaking the freelane. This could give you the controll of putting specific players in specific starting position and running your freelance that way. Intentionally putting shaq at the wing for example and kobe on weakside wing with the intent of running center opposite to set up a weakside two man game! Would be AMAZING the controll and fluidity that would give your offensive
Old 09-05-2018, 12:04 AM   #84
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey Czar, i know this isnt your department or even the correct thread, but will Milwaukee's Fiserv Forum be accurate when the game drops? There's some inaccuracies with the current versions we've been seeing.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:22 AM   #85
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Hey Czar, i know this isnt your department or even the correct thread, but will Milwaukee's Fiserv Forum be accurate when the game drops? There's some inaccuracies with the current versions we've been seeing.
Yeah probably check out the art thread. But if it helps, I really doubt you'd get any change from what you've seen.

If it means that much and you are financially able, probably an idea to look into a PC and then mod all 30 courts.

2K really lagging behind on the courts (again, art thread will echo this).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 02:23 AM   #86
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Amazing blog!!! I cant wait tto play the full game now lol
Old 09-05-2018, 02:24 AM   #87
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yeah, some work was done on this. It shouldn't happen all the time. Should depend on the team. Still, have more to improve on this but it is definitely improved. didn't mention it in the blog because it's not 100% and it can happen.
Big Czar, as always thank you for your dedication to SimNation as the focus shifts to guys with pink hair hunting greens from half court and pump faking 5 times under the rim. As well as taking the time to answer our questions. You got me hype with these new freelances and series.

I wanted to touch on what you said above though. The issue that everyone sees with substitution logic (4 or 5 guys being subbed in at once) isn't even the actual issue. Multiple subs can be queued up if a dead ball doesn't occur before the next sub is made. I set advanced rotations for every game, and if i have my C and my SF set to come out at the 5 min mark then my SG and PF set to come out at the 4 min mark but no dead ball occurs until 3:45.. well then all 4 are subbed at once. So that isn't necessarily what the problem is.
The problem is (and you guys can see this clearly just by entering the advanced rotation screen) that minutes assigned in the standard rotation screen don't translate to actual minutes being assigned. The game kind of just assigns random minutes (in the ball park of what you assigned) with a bias towards the starters and specifically having them play the whole 4th quarter. Even if you abide strictly by primary positions, the game still does it's own thing.

So my question is, was the improvement made in this area that you mentioned made to rotation minutes not being assigned correctly?

Even if this isn't fixed, as long as advanced rotations is there to stay I'm good. Only thing with those are the CPU won't sub out a man in foul trouble like I the user can. I like how when I manually sub out a man with 2 fouls, it doesn't break my rotation settings and he's subbed back in when he's supposed to. The CPU needs to be able to do that somehow. Same with blowouts.

Thanks again Big Czar!

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-05-2018, 02:31 AM   #88
Rookie

Great blog as always Czar, loved everything I read and saw (that Harden-Stepback )

I loved the Offense in 2K18 (Flow Tech was a huge addition) and it gets better and better.
Like I said last year, I´m really excited how the game will look in a couple of years, when you push the AI more and more to the limit.

I just hope the defense can match the offensive progression, 2K18 struggled on that side. But is a topic for another Thread.

Thank you also for answering some of the questions here in the Thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »