Home

NBA 2K19: 12 min quarter, only 3 fouls ??? this problem will never die

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19: 12 min quarter, only 3 fouls ??? this problem will never die within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 01:14 AM   #17
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K19: 12 min quarter, only 3 fouls ??? this problem will never die

OP, why are you expecting fouls when he's not even really playing? Fouls aren't going to just spawn out of thin air without driving to the basket lol.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:41 AM   #18
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

No guys the sky isn't falling but the problem of the AI choosing to shoot pull up jumpers with a lane to the rim or 4 foot jumpers after getting there rather than attack the basket hard still exists in 19 and will always lead to less FT's.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-05-2018, 03:06 AM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
It’s 12 minutes of him literally trying to showcase the playcalling in the game. He never drove to the basket even once. Also, there have been sliders for fouls in 2K for years now. Adjust them to your liking and be stress free.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

You can raise all foul sliders except for the shooting foul slider all the way to 100, and you still wont get realistic amount of team fouls. There has been a lack of fouls called in NBA2k for many yrs now, and the fouls sliders do very little to correct the issue unfortunately.

Even with raising shooting foul slider too 100, doesnt make you see more fouls on perimeter shots, but the problem with raising the shooting foul slider up high, ends up causing too many shooting fouls in the paint, so you cant really put it too high, otherwise most shots in the paint, and on drives will result in a foul way to often.

Im going to be extremely disappointed if this is a issue again this yr. Playing Prelude, in 2kU gave me some hope on seeing more non shooting fouls. But I have yet to see any shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, which was a major problem last yr, as it was almost nonexistent.

I guess we will know soon enough, I just hope if the right number of fouls arent called right on default, then hopefully raising the fouls sliders up actually corrects the problem finally.

IMO, the fouls sliders need to have more impact with the higher you got the way more fouls are called. For example if you raise them to 100, you should see extremely high number of fouls called. That way you could recreate the 90's when the game was much more physical,LOL.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-05-2018, 04:46 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
OP, why are you expecting fouls when he's not even really playing? Fouls aren't going to just spawn out of thin air without driving to the basket lol.
he plays against the cpu,
cpu default gameplay sucks, they never attack the basket
even seeing other videos, the situation is dramatic
Old 09-05-2018, 04:48 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
You can raise all foul sliders except for the shooting foul slider all the way to 100, and you still wont get realistic amount of team fouls. There has been a lack of fouls called in NBA2k for many yrs now, and the fouls sliders do very little to correct the issue unfortunately.

Even with raising shooting foul slider too 100, doesnt make you see more fouls on perimeter shots, but the problem with raising the shooting foul slider up high, ends up causing too many shooting fouls in the paint, so you cant really put it too high, otherwise most shots in the paint, and on drives will result in a foul way to often.

Im going to be extremely disappointed if this is a issue again this yr. Playing Prelude, in 2kU gave me some hope on seeing more non shooting fouls. But I have yet to see any shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, which was a major problem last yr, as it was almost nonexistent.

I guess we will know soon enough, I just hope if the right number of fouls arent called right on default, then hopefully raising the fouls sliders up actually corrects the problem finally.

IMO, the fouls sliders need to have more impact with the higher you got the way more fouls are called. For example if you raise them to 100, you should see extremely high number of fouls called. That way you could recreate the 90's when the game was much more physical,LOL.

absolutely everything that you said!!!
in particular the bold part
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just see what one of the Devs says about this if they notice this thread. Maybe tune Drive Tendency slider on your own or something. The game aint even out yet so lets see how it goes.

They gameplay videos ive seen so far look amazing- We do hae to udnerstand it will never be perfect though and the devs admit that.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #23
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

i don't need free throws like we need them in the real game, honestly ,what fun is that? I'd rather be playing not at the line a whole game. I understand for sim fanatics, yeah, but if you just want to play basketball, I think the less free throws the better.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

like the guy above a bit said, sliders are your friend, that is the only fix you're going to have. 2K's default sliders obviously don't have a lot of fouling. That's okay for me, slows the game down too much. IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »