Home

"Buying your Player"

This is a discussion on "Buying your Player" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 04:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Buying your Player"

At time ,it seems like theres alot of animosity towards people who are accused of "buying" their MyPlayer. And that animosity come from the "grinders". What I mean by buyers are people who invest VC to make their player an 85 out the bat. What I mean by grinders are people who like to start off at the 60 and "grind"to get their MP to 85+

I consider myself a top notch 2k player, like a lot of other ballers do. Been playing it since the original dreamcast. And Ill say this now, I buy the Anniversary edition and I buy VC to put myplayer up to an 85 off the bat. My reasons are simple. I'm 40, I work full time, I have a wife, 2 kids and I can afford to buy the edition and add the VC. I grew up on games and its my way to unwind.
Also, unlike 20 years ago, I dont have the time or patience to start at a 60 if I dont have to. Doesnt make me less of a fan, less skilled (try me if you dare). And I still have to grind for my badges earn my wins on the court like everyone else. In 2k18, I got my guy up to a 93 with maxed out badges.
I play ProAm most of the time. When the season starts I also play 2 full 82 game seasons of MYGM on HOF default. I always get 2 seasons in with the first team. Then I start another season when the trading deadline passes for an updated feel. And I follow that up with a another season starting from the playoffs, reflecting the real playoffs.

But my point of this was not to brag, as I know there are alot of skilled 2k players like me, and maybe some more skilled. But I just wanted to defend the ballers who spend the extra dough for the perks. If you like to start off at the 60 and work your way up, more power to you. I dont knock you at all. Just dont knock me or others because we choose a different way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 04:44 AM   #2
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: "Buying your Player"

Alright breh.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:14 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, but because of people who spend money the grind becomes unbearable.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:31 AM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

you want a cookie?
Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLegend1226
At time ,it seems like theres alot of animosity towards people who are accused of "buying" their MyPlayer. And that animosity come from the "grinders". What I mean by buyers are people who invest VC to make their player an 85 out the bat. What I mean by grinders are people who like to start off at the 60 and "grind"to get their MP to 85+

I consider myself a top notch 2k player, like a lot of other ballers do. Been playing it since the original dreamcast. And Ill say this now, I buy the Anniversary edition and I buy VC to put myplayer up to an 85 off the bat. My reasons are simple. I'm 40, I work full time, I have a wife, 2 kids and I can afford to buy the edition and add the VC. I grew up on games and its my way to unwind.
Also, unlike 20 years ago, I dont have the time or patience to start at a 60 if I dont have to. Doesnt make me less of a fan, less skilled (try me if you dare). And I still have to grind for my badges earn my wins on the court like everyone else. In 2k18, I got my guy up to a 93 with maxed out badges.
I play ProAm most of the time. When the season starts I also play 2 full 82 game seasons of MYGM on HOF default. I always get 2 seasons in with the first team. Then I start another season when the trading deadline passes for an updated feel. And I follow that up with a another season starting from the playoffs, reflecting the real playoffs.

But my point of this was not to brag, as I know there are alot of skilled 2k players like me, and maybe some more skilled. But I just wanted to defend the ballers who spend the extra dough for the perks. If you like to start off at the 60 and work your way up, more power to you. I dont knock you at all. Just dont knock me or others because we choose a different way.

you basically admitted that you stepped into 2k's trap willingly and with open eyes. even worse, they've created the trap and offered you to step into it and you thanked them for it ("oh, you made a full price game, in which i either can grind like an idiot or i can skip the grind if i pay you. thanks for being so nice, 2k! here, take my money!!!").

or in other words, what you are saying is, they screwed you from behind but you're too weak to withstand anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 06:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Ok........
Old 09-05-2018, 07:22 AM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

You don't have to explain yourself. You buy the game. You do what you have to do to get the enjoyment you want out of it. People are going to complain about VC or DLC (some are already crying about Spiderman DLC) til the cows come home. If people are willing to pay, any company worth a damn will accompdate that. And there's nothing wrong with it.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:29 AM   #8
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
You don't have to explain yourself. You buy the game. You do what you have to do to get the enjoyment you want out of it. People are going to complain about VC or DLC (some are already crying about Spiderman DLC) til the cows come home. If people are willing to pay, any company worth a damn will accompdate that. And there's nothing wrong with it.
This. Absolutely this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »