Home

If defense isn't nerfed Lockdowns will be superfluous.

This is a discussion on If defense isn't nerfed Lockdowns will be superfluous. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #17
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If defense isn't nerfed Lockdowns will be superfluous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Lol okay guys

When you start getting clamped by a sharp don't say i didn't warn you.
ill take that over heavily contested greens in my face and snatch back glitches 10 times out of 10. i really dont care what archetype you are if your playing good defense you should be able to stay with your man and poke the ball loose if your opponent is giving you that type of window to do so.

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 09-05-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:20 PM   #18
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
ill take that over heavily contested greens in my face and snatch back glitches 0 times out of 10. i really dont care what archetype you are if your playing good defense you should be able to stay with your man and poke the ball loose if your opponent is giving you that type of window to do so.
I agree. But as stated previously, it shouldn't be on every possession..

When you get spammed and drop the ball by the center and you're PG I'll be right here.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:

When you get spammed and drop the ball by the center and you're PG I'll be right here.
on every possesion, hummm ...
Old 09-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Bandeazyy's Arena

I can imagine how the OP's prelude went just from what he described.

First game: tip off, my team got the ball, press x immediately and repeatedly. Up top lets try some rhythm dribbles and between the legs and then crossover blowby! Wait...that didnt work? Plan b, called for screens, lets try that again. Hold up, out of stamina lets just pass it to the screener and get my stamina back. Great turnover...lets try it again next possession. Cool! Plan b! Yo...the defender got over the screen and is all up on me on the 3pt line? This some bs, pass again, let me get my stamina back. Wait, Backdoor cut! Spam x! Kay got it wide open lane time to take off! Hold square and hope for the...wow are you serious? How the hell is it out on me?! F this game defense is too hard. Patch time
Old 09-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #21
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Lol. No.

Keep it where it's at please.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #22
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:

welp pass the balll lol

if somebody is being aggressive with you and your not skilled enough on the sticks to counter then move the ball around, use screens. so many players are used to just sitting in corners while their guard just dribbles the clock away and rely on blowbys and glitched animations

I agree it shouldnt happen everytime but if everytime i notice you have no idea what your doing and your just trying to dribble in my face and im denying it and your losing stamina still trying to do the same thing then yes everytime you should get ripped.

there needs to be a skill gap and so far it looks promising.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Just watch the CPU guard itself. The offensive player will be stumbling over himself because Joe Blow defender is pressing him. There needs to be a medium. I saw in the prelude the offensive player lose the ball twice in the same possession and get it back both times. It's ugly IMO.

In my prelude experience the CPU was pressing me out past the 3 point line and I'm not even a shooter. With the blow by being gone they stone walled me to where i couldn't drive and then immediately doubled when i got close to the paint.

It's just a bit over done because we complained too much.

I understand the game isn't even out yet, but wait and see.

16 was similar. People weren't spending attribute points in defense because the mechanics were OP.

Trust me, I'm not trying to take anything away from LDDs I'm trying to help them.
It's a bit over done because we complained too much....so your plan of action is...to complain more? Before even playing the full game?

Maybe you're just not as good as you think because I made a rebounding rim protector and was scoring at WILL in the prelude..so much so that I didn't even get excited because I KNEW it was way to easy and my build wont be dropping 20-10-8 (assists) in proam..the SG on my team made his sharp-slash and was dropping 30pts 15 assists in prelude..there was virtually no defense...
Old 09-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #24
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

The game just wont let you take straight lines to the hoop anymore, unless you get past your defender completely, and im not talking about grinding him in a straight line to the hoop, i mean your not in contact with him as you go by him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »