Home

NBA 2K19 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips, Plays, Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips, Plays, Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips, Plays, Defense

Can anyone explain how to break yourself off the defender when off the ball on offense? In all modes. Specifically in mycareer, park and proam/JRC.

example: I am a pg and I run a play and make the 1st pass then my next move is to run through the top of the key and then angle down into the corner. But the play always gets so delayed and slowed down cause I am trying to run and follow the blue arrows of the play but im literally stuck on the defender and you can feel from your controller that you dont have any control over him then finally i get free and can kinda run. Is there a certain way to get yourself unattached from the defender?!!
Old 09-14-2018, 02:10 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

MyCareer pick & roll/pop defense help? Anyway to stop the cpu from switching all the time? There are times where I'm able to go over the screen and recover in good positioning but the cpu keeps switching leading their man to get an easy 3 pointer, mid-range shot, or free roll to the basket. Pretty frustrating.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:37 AM   #75
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Apparently pushing up on the right stick is a bank shot. Been playing that way forevers, no wonder most of my 2k19 shots were banks.

Complete newbie question... is there a way to change the shot mechanics so pushing up on RS is a normal shot, and down is a bank shot? Shooting involves moving your arms up, not down.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 05:04 AM   #76
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Apparently pushing up on the right stick is a bank shot. Been playing that way forevers, no wonder most of my 2k19 shots were banks.

Complete newbie question... is there a way to change the shot mechanics so pushing up on RS is a normal shot, and down is a bank shot? Shooting involves moving your arms up, not down.
Not sure. But tapping down on the R stick opens up the head fake which can be chained into an explosive first step.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:45 AM   #77
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Not sure. But tapping down on the R stick opens up the head fake which can be chained into an explosive first step.
Absolutely, I found out about the stronger pump fake by tapping down on the Right Stick when playing Prelude '19. (Tapping up feels like a weaker pump fake.)

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #78
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Any advice on how to best utilize the signature size-up dribbles? I like the animations, but the CPU doesn’t seem to react much, and it’s very difficult to explode towards the rim once the signature size-up begins.

For example- any tips for Curry, Durant, Westbrook, or Kyrie?

Thank you!

I’ve had good success with the moving size ups so far this year. If you’re walking down court before you reach the three point line, tap up on the right stick. The defender usually shifts one way or another or engages you and then you can get some quick moves past them.

Also the blow by of last year is mostly a move by this year, the defender will be physical but you will have the advantage if you use your body to shield them off with a layup. Sometimes pressing the stick to take a layup towards the defender helps instead of trying to move it away.

Example - if defenders on your right hip, move the shot stick in that same direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #79
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLand1987
Can anyone explain how to break yourself off the defender when off the ball on offense? In all modes. Specifically in mycareer, park and proam/JRC.

example: I am a pg and I run a play and make the 1st pass then my next move is to run through the top of the key and then angle down into the corner. But the play always gets so delayed and slowed down cause I am trying to run and follow the blue arrows of the play but im literally stuck on the defender and you can feel from your controller that you dont have any control over him then finally i get free and can kinda run. Is there a certain way to get yourself unattached from the defender?!!

Doesn’t work all the time but lay off turbo when trying to get to spots off ball. Something about turbo makes your guy clunky when trying to get around others in crowded areas. If you just run through the play without you can move around a little better. If you have a curl screen or get a step on your guy feel free to turbo but in the initial movement don’t turbo.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
I’ve had good success with the moving size ups so far this year. If you’re walking down court before you reach the three point line, tap up on the right stick. The defender usually shifts one way or another or engages you and then you can get some quick moves past them.

Also the blow by of last year is mostly a move by this year, the defender will be physical but you will have the advantage if you use your body to shield them off with a layup. Sometimes pressing the stick to take a layup towards the defender helps instead of trying to move it away.

Example - if defenders on your right hip, move the shot stick in that same direction.

Thank you for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »