Home

NBA 2K19 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips, Plays, Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips, Plays, Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2019, 03:31 AM   #241
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips, Plays, Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrohelix
Can somebody explain ICE on defense and what am I supposed to do when a ai teammate says ice
Ice is one way to defend Pick n Roll. What you have to do is, instead of going over or under the pick, prevent the ball handler from using the pick. When the pick is set, you need to move next to the pick before the ball handler does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2019, 03:00 PM   #242
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oba
How can I get my players to stop cutting to the basket on a fast break when the corner is wide open for a 3? 3-point shooters like Redick shouldn't be doing this.

Not sure if it's something in the gameplan or completely random.
1. Create roster
2. Download Attention To detail
3. Edit roster
3.1 Go to tendincy
3.2 Change rotation to 3s or something like that to 65 or 85 for curry.
4. save and share
5. load your roster.

Quote:
Anyone know how to increase Anthony Davis scoring when simming I知 only getting 20-22 ppg???
Tendincy change probably? Touch+shoot must be high.

Quote:
How come the CPU never post up. I have look for post players and post shots on 100. All my bigs tendencies are 100. I don't like them running plays but I turned it up to 75 still nothing.
Tendincy again. POST PLAY's tendincy's are one of things im not getting it right in editor. I bet AI probably works like this. Lets say AD has 65 post play tendincy. If so

1. Post up(65) VS other thing(25)
2. Back down from post(35) VS keep post up(65)
3. ROUND 1 - Back down to post VS shoot
ROUND 2A - In prefferable spot? yes? SHOOT vs Fade vs Hook vs DRIVE
ROUND 2B - Not in preferable spot? Keep pushing VS stop posting vs OTHER

.... so as you can see post plays are really not clear for me. If you edit roster and choose tendincy page check out KD or KLAY's play. I guess these two players in 2k19 does decently in game.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:16 PM   #243
Just started!

Can someone help me with finding some quick 3pt players for a PF???

Just trying to get some new plays for my 2 way stretch PF in mycareer so I can get better looks.

Need some quick hitters ... the longer developing plays simply dont work cause you get stuck on your teammates and the AI the entire time so the play ends up being dead before u can even get to your 2nd marker.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 1

What set of sliders are you guys using to get more realistic results in shooting. especially with outside / mid-rage shooting? I feel like i have guys wide open and miss all the time, and on all star/ superstar difficulty even wide open J's are missed with some good frequency even for me to deal with.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #245
Just started!

Hello, this is my first message on OS, I've got a question that I think belongs here, here it goes. I created a roster where I used Synergy2k to create myself, with my height and weight and all, on a MyLeague save file, to play just with that player like a MyCareer mode, the thing is that almost every game I play my attributes are changed, I enter the games and sometimes I have more 3pt than what I ussually have, a lot of the time my player drops 2 or 3 entire overalls just in-game because literally every stat drops 2 or 3 points or even more for offensive stats, what is this related to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2019, 11:21 PM   #246
Rookie

I知 sorry if it has been asked already, but I知 looking for information on gameplan options, specifically what ォget shooters openサ, ォplay throughサ etc. actually does on offense.

I致e been searching both google and the op forums, unsuccessfully, so any help on this would be deeply appreciated.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #247
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaamst
I知 sorry if it has been asked already, but I知 looking for information on gameplan options, specifically what ォget shooters openサ, ォplay throughサ etc. actually does on offense.

I致e been searching both google and the op forums, unsuccessfully, so any help on this would be deeply appreciated.
If you have your offensive play calling on auto like I do (or if you turn ACE on), this is when you'll see the work.

Get Shooters Open: you can choose the player or pick Auto and it will randomly select any of your top three point shooters that's on the court at that specific time and run plays for them to get open.

Play Through: based on the person you choose every play up the court will be called design for that person. For example, if you choose to play through LeBron every play will be for him until you change it. This is great for when you want to get certain guys involved or just focused on scoring with one person to get them going.

Pick n roll: will call only pick-and-roll plays for the person you choose.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 02-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #248
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELINXD
Hello, this is my first message on OS, I've got a question that I think belongs here, here it goes. I created a roster where I used Synergy2k to create myself, with my height and weight and all, on a MyLeague save file, to play just with that player like a MyCareer mode, the thing is that almost every game I play my attributes are changed, I enter the games and sometimes I have more 3pt than what I ussually have, a lot of the time my player drops 2 or 3 entire overalls just in-game because literally every stat drops 2 or 3 points or even more for offensive stats, what is this related to?

Hey,
in MyLeague your player's overall ratings (and any attribute at all) is impacted by your team's chemistry. So if your team has a 20% chemistry, you are gonna see the ratings of your players drop. I think if your chemistry is above 80% you will see a slight increase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »