Home

Footplanting and Momentum

This is a discussion on Footplanting and Momentum within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #49
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Footplanting and Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Curry had some decent footplant while changing direction. The offense usually has better footplant (not perfect by any means. Just look at Curry sliding after even gets around). Look at the guy guarding Durant in the corner, still don't know his name. His feet has no solid grounded footplant. He's taking smaller lateral strides but is able to cover so much ground with only a couple steps.

I have always been more concerned about defensive footplant. The running in a straight line footplant (I think) has always been fairly good.... **Then watch me go into instant replay mode and it'll probably tell a different story... I don't know**
It's always been an issue, especially for the CPU defense. Considering that a major aspect of offense in basketball is creating space, the momentum and footplanting are huge aspects that need to be better accounted for.

Again, I can live with the footplanting animations not being perfect as long as the result is realistic. Right now, momentum is only accounted for maybe 50% of the time, and that is not a good thing.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #50
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Spoiler
I have always thought 2k didn't focus enough on defensive animations. Basketball may be an offensive heavy game, but there are two parts to the equation; don't forgot about defensive animations.

I am the defender. I was so happy to see the following yesterday that I just had to capture it from multiple angles. Hard footplant to stop momentum and change direction. Maybe it's always been there, but I was surprised to see a hard stop.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #51
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I have always thought 2k didn't focus enough on defensive animations. Basketball may be an offensive heavy game, but there are two parts to the equation; don't forgot about defensive animations.

I am the defender. I was so happy to see the following yesterday that I just had to capture it from multiple angles. Hard footplant to stop momentum and change direction. Maybe it's always been there, but I was surprised to see a hard stop.

That is exactly what I expected to see in my original post. And it's obvious the game can do it. But for whatever reason, the CPU does not abide by the same laws that users do when it comes to momentum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #52
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Nice! This is great to see that it's in the game. I have yet to see this myself..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »