Home

Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2019, 08:41 PM   #1129
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
It really has been my most fun save ever!

If you're on PS4, someone with the PSN of "jackmove916" has made a BUNCH of real draft classes. I used those as a "base", and then edited the **** out of them. Lower starting overalls, lower potentials, tendencies, badges, adjusted attributes for quite a few players (nothing major, just to sort of "define" their game, and put them in a box, as some of them could be a bit "over the place"). Yeah, just a bunch of small things here and there. Main thing was making sure that the amount of 80- and high 70 overall potentials was limited.

I think they're quite good as is (the Jackmove classes). The faces are good and they have a good amount of prospects. They're a little too overpowered to my liking though. So if you don't edit them, my experience has been, that you'll have way too many players in the 80 overalls and high 70's when you get a couple of years in, which means you get a really saturated league, where big-name FA's will struggle to get signed and might be without a team for one, two or three seasons, and where a lot of the teams in the league could run a 15 man rotation of 77 and above overall players.

All this being said though. The amount of work - both from other community members who's work I've used, and fine-tuning I've done to that work myself - you need to do, in order to have an enjoyable and realistic experience in a game mode like MyLeague, that sells you on things like realism and immersion, is astonishing! It shouldn't be necessary for us to do SO MUCH in order to have a somewhat realistic experience. It really bothers me.
What sliders are you using for your Myleague?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:41 PM   #1130
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
It really has been my most fun save ever!

If you're on PS4, someone with the PSN of "jackmove916" has made a BUNCH of real draft classes. I used those as a "base", and then edited the **** out of them. Lower starting overalls, lower potentials, tendencies, badges, adjusted attributes for quite a few players (nothing major, just to sort of "define" their game, and put them in a box, as some of them could be a bit "over the place"). Yeah, just a bunch of small things here and there. Main thing was making sure that the amount of 80- and high 70 overall potentials was limited.

I think they're quite good as is (the Jackmove classes). The faces are good and they have a good amount of prospects. They're a little too overpowered to my liking though. So if you don't edit them, my experience has been, that you'll have way too many players in the 80 overalls and high 70's when you get a couple of years in, which means you get a really saturated league, where big-name FA's will struggle to get signed and might be without a team for one, two or three seasons, and where a lot of the teams in the league could run a 15 man rotation of 77 and above overall players.

All this being said though. The amount of work - both from other community members who's work I've used, and fine-tuning I've done to that work myself - you need to do, in order to have an enjoyable and realistic experience in a game mode like MyLeague, that sells you on things like realism and immersion, is astonishing! It shouldn't be necessary for us to do SO MUCH in order to have a somewhat realistic experience. It really bothers me.

Can you share your edited versions of jackmove’s classes on psn?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2019, 12:50 AM   #1131
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Does anyone know how I can make the CPU in MyLeague sag off of Ben Simmons like they do irl?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #1132
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyPrime
Is the Shot Under The Basket Tendency glitch still happening?
Don't think so brother. I asked this too, and it was never answered so I'm going to assume that nothing has been done. IDK how some of you are getting realistic scoring numbers with that glitch? After the first year, all of the top scorers in myleague were low post big men.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #1133
Pro

Decided to do something different with MyLeague...

I will be playing every game for my team in 14 game seasons... Every game is a big game. Changed the playoff format to 5-7-7-7. I have randomized the draft for each season and will reveal them as each season unfolds.

From there I set up for two expansion teams to be included in the upcoming season one of which I would take over.

Seattle Supersonics
Baltimore Bullets

I played the first season as the Warriors earned a two seed, then simulated the playoffs in excitement to begin my own journey with my own team. If I remember correctly The Rockets won the NBA title.

Steph won MVP
Luka won ROY

With the first pick in the Expansion Draft we took Michael Porter Jr. We drafted Jarrett Culver, Carsen Edwards, and Charles Matthews in the draft.

In free agency we hit the mega lottery signing

Derrick Favors
Khris Middleton
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker

We are excited to trot a lineup of

Kemba
Klay
Middleton
Favors
Baynes

This could be the quickest build of a team that I have accomplished and with the upcoming draft being the 1999. We have eyes on Elton Brand in this draft but figure it to be a long shot to snag him and will rely on Todd Maccullough in the second round.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:27 AM   #1134
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I’m having a lot of gameplay issues. Can anyone help in MyLeague? Maybe it’s my settings.

Everyone puts their PG on Ben Simmons, do I need to start him at PF to change this?

Everyone is glued to him at the 3 pt line, how can I make them sag?

I’m not getting any players to really take advantage of a mismatch or aggressive scorers taking over. Everyone tries to go into the post or just waits too long until they have to rush a shot.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #1135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeftyLefty
What sliders are you using for your Myleague?
I'm using barncore's (barney's?) progression slider, if I remember the name correctly. I've done a few tweaks to them here and there... Not much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lossanthon
Can you share your edited versions of jackmove’s classes on psn?Operation Sports
I'm actually editing my own edits at the moment. While the salaries worked out in my last MyLeague (very rarely would you find a quality FA not being signed, especially if he's young), I still feel like the league was a bit oversaturated. Not that there were too many 90+, 85+ or 80+ overalls, but there was just too many guys around the 77, 78 and 79 overall mark. I want my league to be a league where a 75 overall can actually be a valuable piece coming off the bench. Almost all the teams had a deep bench of guys around the 78 OVR mark.

So I'm working on new draft classes and a new roster based upon a "tier" system in regards to overalls. So in all the draft classes, there will be around 50-60 guys with a potential of minimum 73 overall. All the guys who doesn't hit that mark, I will just make sure won't get signed when drafted, or just not drafted at all, while the guy who hits this threshold, I will try and make sure will actually become legit players. It ruins the suspense during the drafting process, but in turn, makes for a more realistic player pool down the line. On top of that, all players' "intangible" rating will be set to 75, to make sure we don't have inflated overalls, as this rating does absolutely nothing than raise the overall (not sure how good of an idea this is, as player overalls differ from position to position, and thus, some players are penalised for not being a classic power forward fx. I think it works on my custom roster though...) Then I'll make sure there is a somewhat equal amount of players in each "tier" - the tiers being what kind of player they can develop in to, and looking like this:

GOAT
95-99 (Rare for a class to have this kind of prospect, and none of the jack move classes do)

MVP
90-94 OVR (Might be one or two in each class. Some could have none)

All-Star (Each class will have a couple at least)
84-89

Starter (Each class will have around twenty)
78-83

Role-Player (The field...)
73-77

So, of course, depending on the minutes the prospects are receiving, how they're being used, what kind of team they're on, they can exceed these expectations a little, or they can disappoint a little. But each class will definitely have at least 50 guys, who will become at least a 73 overall. There will probably be a bit of an overflow of 73-76 overalls, but hey, rather that than an overflow of 78+ overalls. Some 73 overalls, as you know, are useless, but some have specific skillsets like being a sniper, a lockdown defender or something else, that gives them value. Just like in the current day rosters. I think this gives a lot of balance to the league down the line.

I'm working on these classes right now, but I'm working really slowly lol. I have school, a job, a girlfriend and friends to tend to as well, so I have no idea when I'll be finished with them. Besides, I need a roster to go with these classes - one where I used these same "tiers" for ranking players. I saw that CelticLG is working on an update for his roster, and I definitely want to use that as my base, from where I edit all the intangible ratings to 75 and then do a massive attribute and potential overhaul.

I don't mind sharing it all when it's finished, but before I do so, I kind of need the blessings of jackmove (realistic draft classes), johnbadden (fictional draft classes) and CelticLG (the roster), as they have done 99% of the work on what I would be sharing under my gamertag. I've literally just edited them a bit to my liking, they actually made the complete thing.

Last edited by FadeawayJay; 04-20-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #1136
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Made
Decided to do something different with MyLeague...

I will be playing every game for my team in 14 game seasons... Every game is a big game. Changed the playoff format to 5-7-7-7.
I'm doing 14 game seasons this year as well and it's been pretty fun. I like how every game is very important. I simply don't have time to play 82 game seasons and I feel like simming just makes the stat averages feel less authentic. Only difference is I'm doing 1-1-1-1 playoff format.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »