Home

NBA 2K19 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 03:14 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

VC issues is your internet it's not the game. I've had 0 issues.

One thing that's annoying to me is in my court the net is A NET. yet the sound effect is a chain...... Thats incredibly lazy on 2k for that to not be caught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 03:36 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLand1987
VC issues is your internet it's not the game. I've had 0 issues.

One thing that's annoying to me is in my court the net is A NET. yet the sound effect is a chain...... Thats incredibly lazy on 2k for that to not be caught.

Nope nearly everyone is having the same problem 2k even addressed. Kind of ridiculous they can't get something as simple as this right.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:54 AM   #27
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLand1987
Seriously can someone tell me how I get out of the prelude???? I just want to go to the neighborhood....
I was given the option to skip the prelude when I first started MyCareer. I chose that option because I played through the demo prelude and I started right in my apartment and could leave to the Neighborhood.

I gotta go back and create a new MyPlayer though and do the Prelude again because apparently the demo Prelude isn't the whole Prelude in 2k19 and I was missing some games and story elements.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 09-07-2018, 03:58 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just got lit up by Trey Young in my first game. 46 points from the rookie. Played all star 12 minute quarters. He wasn’t missing.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:00 AM   #29
Rookie

Do we have to finish prelude to get to neighborhood? How do I get there?
Old 09-07-2018, 04:09 AM   #30
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackProdigy
Do we have to finish prelude to get to neighborhood? How do I get there?
yes. a couple posts above saying he got right to the neighborhood by pressing the skip prelude button.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:31 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

-- The hook shot is back, baby! It wasn't a very useful move in 2K18, but it's quick and accurate this year, especially if you have a big height mismatch.

-- Post scorers are back to how they were in 2K17 where you have to double team them or put a lockdown defender on them to stop them from scoring.

-- It's good to see Morris Peterson back in a 2K game for the first time since he retired from the NBA, and 2K was nice enough to make him the best all-around emerald reward card in MyTeam. His jump shot animation is fast and smooth. As a 6'9" SG with respectable defense who can score in a variety of ways (including the post), he should be able to carry your offense through the early rounds of Domination.

-- It's cool that 2K finally let us put our MyPlayers into MyTeam. Your MyPlayer should be another offensive/defensive anchor who can help get you through those early Domination games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 05:37 AM   #32
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kVetRespect
-the players defintely have more weight to them but with that being said, the gameplay seems to be more on the clunky (lack of a better word) side than fluid in motion. The game is fluid but prelude seem to play with a better flow. The weight the players have now is more realistic so it make take some time to adjust

Im with you here. They added a lot physicality and weight to the game that needs getting used to. First 2 hours I was thinking I will not play that much 2k this year to be honest. Its a huge difference imo, even compard to the Prelude. But its getting better, and once you learn how to adjust it gets better and better. Im starting to have fun. There are quite a lot animation hiccups and you are forced into some animations that take too long imo, so it feels like you are loosing control of your player. But im sure they will finetune this.

I like the all the new dunking animations. They feel more natural because they are a little slower overall, not these lightning fast zip dunks that were in 2k18.

What I absolutely dont like is that the automatic hand dribbling switch seems to be still in the game. I simply dont understand why...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »