Home

Where is All-Star Team UP

This is a discussion on Where is All-Star Team UP within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 12:14 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Where is All-Star Team UP

One of the best modes is missing. Why, because there is no VC sales? Cmon man.

**Edit:
Under play now online you can choose player control and it is essentially the same thing as all-star team up but is ranked. However it is ranked together with regular play now online which does not make a lot of sense to me as it is much harder to control wins or losses if playing with horrible teammates. Why not separate the records?

Last edited by BQ32; 09-07-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Where is All-Star Team UP

Saw it under "Play with Friends"

Looks like its Private matches now...
Old 09-07-2018, 12:50 AM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Apparently Public matches have been removed. It's only available in private now. A heads up from 2K about this would've been nice, but they instead decided to keep their mouths shut about it until after release. I may go cancel my Preorder and give Live a try this year. Public Team Up has been in the game since 2K9, and it's been my go-to mode for a while now. I didn't really expect it to suddenly be removed.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:57 AM   #4
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

If someone could give a real reason why they would remove this mode, then maybe it wont be a problem, but iv played this mode since nba 2k11, 2k just doing its typical thing. Good to know before release since il still be waiting a couple weeks to see if the game is worth buying.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Apparently Public matches have been removed. It's only available in private now. A heads up from 2K about this would've been nice, but they instead decided to keep their mouths shut about it until after release. I may go cancel my Preorder and give Live a try this year. Public Team Up has been in the game since 2K9, and it's been my go-to mode for a while now. I didn't really expect it to suddenly be removed.
Hahaha of course they didn't say **** about this, not surprised at all. So confused why they would keep it private but no public matches makes no sense. If the population is a problem how is REMOVING IT helping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 AM   #6
Banned

Im calling it now watch when 2K20 gets announced they will feature ‘public all-star team up’ now available! You can now search for public games to play team up! No more matching up with buddies and finding a game anymore!!
Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 AM   #7
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSim
Hahaha of course they didn't say **** about this, not surprised at all. So confused why they would keep it private but no public matches makes no sense. If the population is a problem how is REMOVING IT helping
2k's consensus, maybe it will bring those players over to mycareer.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:28 AM   #8
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
One of the best modes is missing. Why, because there is no VC sales? Cmon man.

As much as I hate to admit it, there's probably a good deal of truth in that statement. Can't have ONE multiplayer mode that isn't VC driven. Madden did the same thing years ago when they removed Team Play without warning. Oh sure, they finally brought it back 4 years later, but now it's part of Madden Ultimate Team so they can monitize it. This could be step 1 in 2K going a similar route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »