Home

Least Cheesey 2K Ever? 🤔

This is a discussion on Least Cheesey 2K Ever? 🤔 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Least Cheesey 2K Ever? 🤔

Just because you use one team don't make you not good. I'm a die hard bulls fan and every team I play I have to switch it up
Old 09-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Man you gotta play/fight/beat whoever is in front of you. If somebody is a sucka to the point where they HAVE to use GSW, just chop them down when you play them.
I understand where you are coming from with this but a terrible player can take GSW and win against a much better player. Even when I beat a GSW user it was a terrible experience. Hopefully 2K19 is better on that. I got to the point of dashboarding against certain teams in 2K18 because they were given a huge unfair advantage. I've had games that 80 percent of an opponents misses resulted in an offensive rebound while I was manually blocking out. Thats not basketball.

Why can't 2K just give us the option to back out of a matchup? It was in previous versions of the game.

Last edited by tripleh1142; 09-07-2018 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Correct point
Old 09-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #19
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhozbak17
This is a basketball game so please don’t twist my words...I’m not comparing NBA to fighting games, but there are fighting games and other genres that have unlockables right?

Example: You buy Street Fighter and all the characters aren’t available on release?
Or you buy a racing game and all the cars aren’t available on release?
Or you buy a FPS and all the guns aren’t available on release lol?

I’m just not understanding why the complaint is...”I can’t use my team from the moment I get the game! I actually have to use other teams first before I can use who I want!”

Yes, we paid $100/$60 dollars for the game and we should be able to do as we please,m but everything shouldn’t be available IMMEDIATELY...I see no harm in actually having a challenge to get what you want.

But i also do understand your perspective...Just trying to put some rationale behind what they did. i HIGHLY doubt it was done randomly lol.
It's a sports game, and I never mentioned fighting games. How many sports games you know, since the dawn of online gaming, forced players to use certain teams in H2H matches? I can understand Classic and All-Time teams as they can be seen as "extra", but the regular teams? I love basketball, and I enjoy playing with the team I watched since the 80's. If you want to be technical about it, I've been using them since the Lakers vs Celtics game. To make my team "unlockable" was a bad move. I can take an educated guess why they decided this, but it seems short-sighted.

EDIT: You must be the target audience. The audience who says this change is cool, because "promotes competition" although it goes against the very spirit of competition. Competition is beating me when I'm using my favorite team, and me beating you while you're using your favorite team.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-07-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
To make my team "unlockable" was a bad move. I can take an educated guess why they decided this, but it seems short-sighted.

EDIT: You must be the target audience. The audience who says this change is cool, because "promotes competition" although it goes against the very spirit of competition. Competition is beating me when I'm using my favorite team, and me beating you while you're using your favorite team.
I’m in TOTAL agreement of you that it promotes competition as well as competition is beating you using your favorite team while i’m using my favorite team as well...but I think the problem isn’t that people can’t take their favorite teams...I think it’s moreso people can’t take the top teams ALL THE TIME. I’m 10-0 right now in PNO using 7 different teams.

I honestly don’t think I’ve used 7 different teams in any 2K...EVER.

But i also can remember 2K18 of playing Golden State, Cleveland, Rockets...7 consecutive times.

Again, I’m not sweeping your complaint under the rug, I’m simply saying seeing the amount of variety right now, I’m pleased. I personally feel it’s gets boring playing the same 3-5 teams over and over again on different courts. Actually HAVING auto use different teams to play DIFFERENT teams is breathing a fresh feel in my opinion.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #21
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhozbak17
I’m in TOTAL agreement of you that it promotes competition as well as competition is beating you using your favorite team while i’m using my favorite team as well...but I think the problem isn’t that people can’t take their favorite teams...I think it’s moreso people can’t take the top teams ALL THE TIME. I’m 10-0 right now in PNO using 7 different teams.

I honestly don’t think I’ve used 7 different teams in any 2K...EVER.

But i also can remember 2K18 of playing Golden State, Cleveland, Rockets...7 consecutive times.

Again, I’m not sweeping your complaint under the rug, I’m simply saying seeing the amount of variety right now, I’m pleased. I personally feel it’s gets boring playing the same 3-5 teams over and over again on different courts. Actually HAVING auto use different teams to play DIFFERENT teams is breathing a fresh feel in my opinion.
Fair enough. I'm still waiting to get the game, so my opinion might change when I get the game, because I have ran into my share of running into the same teams all the time in 2K18. It was the 76ers when I used the regular Pacers, Warriors/Lakers when I used the All-Time teams, but using the Classic Pacers gave me a good variety of opponents. Right now, I'm just being that stubborn old man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Why do you dudes do this every year.

Week 1, "Cheese will be hard to come by."

Weel 30: "I am sick of the cheesers."

Cheesing takes time to develop. Nobody is online right now, give those dudes a few weeks and you will be getting your feelings hurt.
Nah, as a 2kvet, this 2k may be the least cheesiest game to date.

I agree that cheese takes time to develop but it doesnt refute the OP's original statement or question
Old 09-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #23
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

What do yall have to say now?
Old 09-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
What do yall have to say now?
I got zig zagged a bit but other than that haven't found anything yet im going to sit down and seriously give time pno this weekend

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »