Home

Can no longer speed boost at 86 Ball Control

This is a discussion on Can no longer speed boost at 86 Ball Control within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #25
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can no longer speed boost at 86 Ball Control

https://twitter.com/choops4life/stat...70432462934016

86 Ball Control Speed Boosting for certain archetypes and height
90 Ball Control Tier 3 Dribble Moves the same for certain archetypes and height
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof86
https://twitter.com/choops4life/stat...70432462934016

86 Ball Control Speed Boosting for certain archetypes and height
90 Ball Control Tier 3 Dribble Moves the same for certain archetypes and height
This is my point, I have seen this chart a dozen times and these twitter posts. But at least on xbox one x when you test players that have an 86 ball control they can not do these speed boost/ momentum dribble animations. Not only on Durant and Lebron but also on small point guards with an 86 ball control such as Lowry and Dragic. This is literally driving me crazy that no one is noticing this but me. I can not have the only copy of the game that does not allow these moves. I am a skilled ball handler that can perform all of the moves on command at any time with Kyrie/Curry just to throw that in there before people start saying it is me or if the ratings drop on performance. I am talking about taking these players to freelance shoot around and not being able to perform the moves. I now believe that they are allowed on the PS4 but not on the Xbox, or at least X as that is what I am playing on.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:31 AM   #27
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
This is my point, I have seen this chart a dozen times and these twitter posts. But at least on xbox one x when you test players that have an 86 ball control they can not do these speed boost/ momentum dribble animations. Not only on Durant and Lebron but also on small point guards with an 86 ball control such as Lowry and Dragic. This is literally driving me crazy that no one is noticing this but me. I can not have the only copy of the game that does not allow these moves. I am a skilled ball handler that can perform all of the moves on command at any time with Kyrie/Curry just to throw that in there before people start saying it is me or if the ratings drop on performance. I am talking about taking these players to freelance shoot around and not being able to perform the moves. I now believe that they are allowed on the PS4 but not on the Xbox, or at least X as that is what I am playing on.

Maybe this chart is only for Mycareer Player and not for the real NBA Players. Do the NBA Players have an Archetype at all?(stupid question) if so, maybe they are to heavy or big or have bigger wingspan then it recommended.
I just played career and park until now...
Old 09-13-2018, 07:09 AM   #28
MVP

jk31's Arena

1st it is good that there is no such thing as "speed boost" on many players. I want arcade stuff like that gone from the game!

2nd maybe it is not the rating that is important, but the dribble package, that these players got assigned by 2k?
Old 09-13-2018, 08:11 AM   #29
Pro

It needs a fix TBH. I have 83 Ball Control currently with a 6'6 PlayShot. Some games I can speedboost, Momentum Cross, Behind the back etc and some games I can't. This is without the takeover bar being filled up at all. Other games I have to wait to until I get activate takeover to do it. Definitely something that needs to be looked into.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
It needs a fix TBH. I have 83 Ball Control currently with a 6'6 PlayShot. Some games I can speedboost, Momentum Cross, Behind the back etc and some games I can't. This is without the takeover bar being filled up at all. Other games I have to wait to until I get activate takeover to do it. Definitely something that needs to be looked into.
This happens because of how you perform during the game. If you are doing well your ratings get boosted even without being in takeover mode, so occasionally your reaching that 86 threshold that unlocks the animations.

However, I am willing to bet you are playing on the PS4, because of right now I can not do those moves with an 86 ball control on the Xbox One X.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
1st it is good that there is no such thing as "speed boost" on many players. I want arcade stuff like that gone from the game!

2nd maybe it is not the rating that is important, but the dribble package, that these players got assigned by 2k?
It is not really all that arcadey, it is just a term that has been adopted over the years for certain dribble moves only available to higher ball control. Some of these moves in past years were much more explosive than the normal animations which is why they got the term speed boost and that has just stuck. Now they are not quite as advantageous as in the past but they do give another set of tools and dribble combinations useful to beat players off the bounce and also unlock some cool looking dribble moves/combos such as the shamgod or behind the back shamgod.

The Devs put out a chart showing which my player builds would be able to reach an 86 ball control and unlock these animations. For some of us that either are wanna be dribble gods or like me run point and want all the ball control tools at my disposal this chart is important so I know what kind of player I can make to maximize shooting or finishing while maintaining the ability to utilize those dribble moves. Currently on the Xbox these builds and even NBA players in the game that just meet this threshold are not able to perform these moves even though the same players can on the PS4. The threshold on the xbox must be closer to a 90 and is inconsistent between the consoles and gives the PS4 players an advantage. Now one of my builds that I wanted to be my primary player can only just reach the 86 threshold, but with the way the game is currently I would not be able to utilize those moves unless in takeover which is a small portion of the time, and has actually caused me to put all my time into a different build.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof86
Maybe this chart is only for Mycareer Player and not for the real NBA Players. Do the NBA Players have an Archetype at all?(stupid question) if so, maybe they are to heavy or big or have bigger wingspan then it recommended.
I just played career and park until now...
nah, every year it is just simply the ball control threshold you have to meet. Archetypes don't matter. For instance Durant and Lowry both have an 86 ball control, one is a wing scorer while the other is a playmaking sharp I would assume but neither can perform these moves. However people tell me on the PS4 they can perform these moves and during Prelude demo 2ku I could do all the moves at will with Durant. Something has changed, but only on XBOX.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »