Home

NBA 2k19 - The Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k19 - The Little Things Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #137
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2k19 - The Little Things Thread

I was watching this Pre-Game show where they were having this back and forth about reading each others minds.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has anyone seen such a display of game physics in 2K19? I have hundreds of hours poured in and this is the first time I am getting this:

https://streamable.com/tweyd

I just pulled a reversed-Pachula on Harden with SpidaMitch in the last 3 minutes of the game. Harden was subbed out and I had a 10 points run to win the game.

I expect the classic Pachula to work in this game as well.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #139
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhatemondays
Has anyone seen such a display of game physics in 2K19? I have hundreds of hours poured in and this is the first time I am getting this:

I just pulled a reversed-Pachula on Harden with SpidaMitch in the last 3 minutes of the game. Harden was subbed out and I had a 10 points run to win the game.

Usually it’s the other way around where the jump shooter gets injured. The only animation injuries I’ve seen so far this year is sprained elbow and a torn patellar tendon.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #140
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhatemondays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins4life
Usually it’s the other way around where the jump shooter gets injured. The only animation injuries I’ve seen so far this year is sprained elbow and a torn patellar tendon.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They actually had that in the game. But it became a problem lol. Players were getting hurt waaay too much.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #141
Rookie

Iverson should be better. I understand defense influences 80% of ball handler movement, I think Iverson was an exception to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 01:04 AM   #142
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

If you hit 99 overall do you get one of those gold stars above your head in the park for 2k20?? Is there a deadline that you have to hit 99 by???
Old 06-26-2019, 06:54 PM   #143
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I drafted a player #2 overall and he only had 82 potential which was a let down. Then I noticed he had legendary work ethic badge. I didnt think much of it and thought it might just be useless, but after a few years of myleague I noticed his overall had gone over 82, one year it was 83, then 84, now in year 8 hes approaching age 30 and its up to 85 (and thats before team chemistry/morale effects). I've never seen the potential rating change for any of my other players, I even double check now every year and they always stay the same. He's the only one whos potential has ever changed. I can only assume its because of the legendary work ethic badge, which my other players don't have. I thought this was so cool!
Old 07-05-2019, 05:30 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, that time of the year when my sliders, game animation timing, and knowledge/skill come together.

I just had my center in MyLeague bottled-up in a double-team. The ball spurts loose from the scrum toward half-court. I timed it just right, letting the ball roll into the backcourt before retrieving with the small forward.

Previously, the Hustle attribute and coding seemed overpowered for the AI, so I would press the retrieve button as soon as the ball came out to have any chance against the AI. Of course, momentum would take me frontcourt to backcourt and into a violation every time.

Now, tuning (by me and through updates) has given me the confidence that this situation is now attribute driven, and I could take my time and make an intelligent play. The player involved is one of those high-motor, low-skill guys. Intuitively I knew I could make this play without the AI glitching itself into the area; the closest AI players were about three feet away before their reaction animations started.

We do not have a true physics engine in sports games yet, but attributes allow this to play out realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »