Home

Broken Defensive Mechanic: Fast Shuffle

This is a discussion on Broken Defensive Mechanic: Fast Shuffle within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #9
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Broken Defensive Mechanic: Fast Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
Ive noticed you can be punished greatly for using R2 this year, both on offense and defense. you have to be very selective in its use. If i'm using it on defense it means i've already pretty much been beat and i'm trying to recover. its more about the angle and anticipation than reacting.

Same, I hardly ever use RT unless I’m trying to recover. Mostly combination of LT and the hands up right stick technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #10
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah I use fast shuffle in combination with RS to cut off angles. It's worked well for me so far this year.

Not saying your issue isnt legitimate, just not sure I'm following the issue you are having.
Right stick defense absolute or camera relative?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Right stick defense absolute or camera relative?

You can change it to either...I prefer mine to be absolute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #12
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Actually he is completely right. To play good defense in 2k games you can not rely on that mechanic. I have been good at on ball d for years even last year when everyone complained. My trick is to not over use the left trigger/L2. its better to use angles in a normal stance, beat the offensive player to the spot, then use L2 to body them up. Last year you also needed to use the right stick to force them in directions but that is no longer necessary as it has changed to try and steal and may actually put you out of position.

The AI defense moves in completely unrealistic ways and just does things that are not possible for a human player to do. They at times are magnetized to you and read your inputs rather than react to your movements. This has plagued the series for years. Last year they made the AI easy to beat because of the easy blow bys but this year it is back in full force and can be frustrating. you can beat the AI off the dribble but in an online pro-am/rec game if your opponent quits it actually puts you at a disadvantage because the AI is harder to consistently beat then a human player, at least for shooting builds.
This is the way I play as well. I find holding down intense D slow and sluggish. If you add turbo you will be out of position. Normal stance anticipate then press intense D.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I only hold down intense D to crowd the defender, but when they start dribbling you should not hold intense D, but wait and use the sprint trigger when they try to do the blow-by animation. That allows me to follow them most of the way and do a good contest usually.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Actually he is completely right. To play good defense in 2k games you can not rely on that mechanic. I have been good at on ball d for years even last year when everyone complained. My trick is to not over use the left trigger/L2. its better to use angles in a normal stance, beat the offensive player to the spot, then use L2 to body them up. Last year you also needed to use the right stick to force them in directions but that is no longer necessary as it has changed to try and steal and may actually put you out of position.

The AI defense moves in completely unrealistic ways and just does things that are not possible for a human player to do. They at times are magnetized to you and read your inputs rather than react to your movements. This has plagued the series for years. Last year they made the AI easy to beat because of the easy blow bys but this year it is back in full force and can be frustrating. you can beat the AI off the dribble but in an online pro-am/rec game if your opponent quits it actually puts you at a disadvantage because the AI is harder to consistently beat then a human player, at least for shooting builds.
This right here is THE KEY to playing on ball defense!!

I just tried it and I was like WHOAAAA!!!MIND BLOWN!!

i appreciate the tip and info brother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »