Home

Mass subbing, sub patterns still a huge problem

This is a discussion on Mass subbing, sub patterns still a huge problem within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mass subbing, sub patterns still a huge problem

So if you play a game, Durant CPU gets 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes of the first quarter, the CPU doesnt sub him out for a bit?

In 2k16 they did, and i believe they did in 2k17 aswell
Old 09-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
So if you play a game, Durant CPU gets 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes of the first quarter, the CPU doesnt sub him out for a bit?

In 2k16 they did, and i believe they did in 2k17 aswell
Exactly, that's what would happen in 18. Still not sure about 19.

The reason it didn't happen before that is because there were no custom rotations. This problem only happens if you edit default rotations. Otherwise, the AI will account for foul trouble, and make subs accordingly.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
Pro

This is probably one of the areas of the game that gets some love but isnt prioritized because the majority of games are on played on 5-6 minute quarters.

But my suggestion would be to have the advanced rotations and then build a depth chart mechanic for every position. So that the ai would have a reference point for who to sub in

Still needs a ton of work in regards to how long do you want mccaw filling in for KDs designated minutes etc but its a start at least
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #12
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
This is probably one of the areas of the game that gets some love but isnt prioritized because the majority of games are on played on 5-6 minute quarters.

But my suggestion would be to have the advanced rotations and then build a depth chart mechanic for every position. So that the ai would have a reference point for who to sub in

Still needs a ton of work in regards to how long do you want mccaw filling in for KDs designated minutes etc but its a start at least
Yeah, I mean I get that. I did do it all manually last year but it became very frustrating to me. We can get perfect rotations, but the catch is the AI won't sub for foul trouble anymore.

If an injury occured you had to manually adjust the advanced rotation for maybe one game, then put it back. Then after doing this for 3-5 teams, I'd forget the original rotation at times for a team.

It's a complete immersion killer for me when in a game if I see mass subs.

I just wish one of these years they could get it right without the user having to do all the work for the cpu. I highly doubt it ever happens though.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Old 09-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #13
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

I remember reading that they added Lineups in like we used to have last-gen (remember those? Starters, Bench, 3PT, Free Throw, etc.) but I didn't see it in the roster. Is it a MyLeague only thing?

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 09-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
I remember reading that they added Lineups in like we used to have last-gen (remember those? Starters, Bench, 3PT, Free Throw, etc.) but I didn't see it in the roster. Is it a MyLeague only thing?
It's definitely in MyLeague. They're all fully editable. They even give you an extra lineup that you can name whatever you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »