Home

Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #9
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread

I made a 6'2 PG with playmaker and shot creator and have been having a good time with it..

Seems the challenges in prelude were geared toward PG play..

Alonzo Irvin fighting his way to the NBA, i signed a 4 year deal with the suns so hopefully ill become the starter pretty quick.

Up to 70 overall but i had the preorder with 100k.. spent about 50k on my player and rest on myteam.. didnt want to be overpowered early on
Old 09-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #10
Pro

6’11 Rebounding Athletic Finisher Center.

Picked the Lakers as they were offering the best contract. They also lack depth at Center and have a bunch of great passers. Ended up being a perfect fit. I basically play like Clint Capela, rim running, rim protecting and rebounding. With all the great passers on the team, it’s heaven. I get constant alley oops, often without even requesting them. They run this one play with Bron posted up where I circle around from the top of the key, opposite to Bron and it’s basically a clean oop every time. We’re 24-9, 2nd in the West. I love how Lebron actually plays like himself this year. Dude is a straight beast.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #11
Rookie

6’5” Sharpshooting Shot creator on the 76ers. First game I went 2/9 and the whole team outside of Embiid shot abysmal. Currently 64 ovr and it’s going to be a work in progress to perfect my off-ball scoring and then learn how to get to the rim all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #12
MVP

3304Life's Arena

Decided I’m going to go classic in this one and earn my upgrades, other than the 100K base VC from the anniversary edition, of which I only used 80K to get to 73 overall. Other than that, I’m going only with VC I earn from playing.

6’9, 230lbs pure point forward on the Pelicans, superstar difficulty.

8 games in, 2-6 with Davis out with a leg fracture. I’m 6th man and just had my first 20 point game, putting up 23 in a one point win in Portland. I’m averaging 10 points, 3 rebounds and 4 assists on 54/40/90 percentages. Really enjoying the struggle so far to be honest, I’m terrified of driving the lane because I can’t really finish contested layups yet. Trying to lose all of the bad habits I gained from last year’s game, such as dribbling in front of my man because the AI will punish you.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

goduke30's Arena

OVR: 2

I made a 6'6 pure shot creator sg originally joined the hawks on a 2 year deal was offering a 4 year and negotiated down to get a max in 2 years got traded to the raptors the hawks wasn't a fit. but on the raptors now 25-8 me and Kawhi are unstoppable and when Kyle Lowry is hitting shots might as well forget about it but is it me or the cpu AI hit too many 3s I understand if they open they should make it but one game against the Trail Blazers Dame went 19-25 from 3 no lie
Old 09-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #14
Rookie

I'm looking to build a Tim Duncan Kevin Garnett like PF but if feel like if you go post scoring defense your offense is lacking. If I just go full post scorer will the defense still be okay?
Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjimmy
in the prelude it says "you have earned items. do you want to apply them to this mycareer file?" i haven't put in the preorder bonus code in yet so what items are they talking about?
I believe the earned items ARE the preorder items

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #16
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

made a 6'6" Driving & Finish Shot Creator, Lakers, Detroit and Memphis wanted me the most, they were offering Top reserve 1k VC 20 minutes a game but I really didn't want to play for either of them. Really wanted to play for my Celtics and they were offering like 11 minutes and 750 I think VC, took less to go with them and negotiated 770 VC and 16 Minutes but got 20 minutes my first game.

I want to make a 2nd Player since you can skip Cut Scenes and want a Athletic 6'11 or 7' back to the basket type player

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »