Home

MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline

This is a discussion on MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 06:35 PM   #9
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline

Yeah. I got killed by Emmanuel Mudiay man.... Ridiculous
Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

I can’t say I really experience this. Sure the AI doesn’t miss often when I botch my coverage or play Defense poorly but I notice the same thing when it’s AI vs AI. The percentage of open shots vs contested going in has always been a big gap in 2K. Probably more than in real life.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #11
Banned

You’re just bad at the game. This year all those stupid silly layups you missed in 2k18, you make them this year. Sometimes even when you are heavily contesting a layup they go in but thats just how it is. You dont lose any teammate grade as long as you stay in front of your man and try to contest. You just need to play the game longer because i play on all star difficulty and still blowing teams by 30+ points im thinking about putting it on superstar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #12
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
You’re just bad at the game. This year all those stupid silly layups you missed in 2k18, you make them this year. Sometimes even when you are heavily contesting a layup they go in but thats just how it is. You dont lose any teammate grade as long as you stay in front of your man and try to contest. You just need to play the game longer because i play on all star difficulty and still blowing teams by 30+ points im thinking about putting it on superstar
Once again, I'm not talking about difficulty of the game. I'm talking about the mechanics of the mode. I'm getting A, A- and B+ on All-Star in every game. I'm scoring 20-30 pts per game, 8-10 assists per game, and lead the league in 3pt shooting.

I'm talking about the AI not missing shots when they trigger for it or you make a small error in coverage, it's always a bucket.

You didn't really seem to even read my post.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #13
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So your solution is to just "get good"? I do pretty well on All-Star in MyLeague. I'm a player that is between All-Star and SuperStar difficulty level.
No, that's not my advice at all.

My advice is to practice how to play defense this year, what works and what doesn't, because it has changed from 2k18 and perhaps that will help you.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're being toxic. I mean, what am I supposed to say here besides an attempt to help or just flat out agreeing (which accomplishes nothing)? Just say "that sucks man" and move on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Another thing that gets really irritating is anytime someone has a complaint about a mechanic or a flaw, it MUST be because the player isn't good enough or should lower the difficulty or something. That is not the case here. God that really annoys the hell out of me.

I'll make sure to try to not give advice on how to maybe make the problem you're having go away next time you ask for it. Have fun playing.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-11-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #14
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

My advice is to practice how to play defense this year, what works and what doesn't, because it has changed from 2k18 and perhaps that will help you.

Not everything someone says here that disagrees with you is toxic.
Now you know that you can't beat every screen put on you especially if it's a serious mismatch in size and strength, right? It's just not realistic.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #15
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

When the CPU player shoots a 3, and I have an easy boxout in the paint and I'm in perfect position for a rebound, it doesn't matter how much the shot is contested. It goes in. Every. Single. Time.

Pelicans

Redskins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #16
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're being toxic. I mean, what am I supposed to say here besides an attempt to help or just flat out agreeing (which accomplishes nothing)? Just say "that sucks man" and move on?

I'll make sure to try to not give advice on how to maybe make the problem you're having go away next time you ask for it. Have fun playing.
But you didn't even listen to what the original complaint was. I never said anything was too hard. I'm doing fine on the difficulty I'm playing on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »