Home

MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline

This is a discussion on MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #33
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl

Also, the reason that you are in perfect position on makes is that often over the years I've noticed that the AI will 'know' a shot is going in, and not contest for position.
This. I've noticed this for years and it's always bothered me. If a shot goes up and I don't get sucked into a box out, I know it's going in. But even if I am in position first, the AI can warp me into a box out animation until they grab the board. Sometimes it happens when I'm not even trying to go for the rebound; I'll be trying to get back on defense but I'll be stuck in the box out animation.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
People are talking across from each other on this thread. A couple people get it. It's not scripted. Its that shooting percentages are too high for the AI. Period. AI guys hit open shots at an insanely high rate. It's not uncommon to see mildly above average 3 point guys going 6 for 7. It doesn't matter if its a human or AI guarding them.

Also, the reason that you are in perfect position on makes is that often over the years I've noticed that the AI will 'know' a shot is going in, and not contest for position.
I noticed this myself, CPU team mates seem to still rely on the old "I'm in the general area, that's good enough" type of defense that used to work.

However, with this year being more "hand down man down" when it comes to contesting shots, this system just doesn't work;people will just get buckets right over you .They need to tweak their logic to contest the shots of other CPU players much more actively than they currently do.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #35
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
People are talking across from each other on this thread. A couple people get it. It's not scripted. Its that shooting percentages are too high for the AI. Period. AI guys hit open shots at an insanely high rate. It's not uncommon to see mildly above average 3 point guys going 6 for 7. It doesn't matter if its a human or AI guarding them.

I hear you Erithtotl, but I actually turned down both cpu and user shooting success to 30 to tone down the FG%'s which does in fact work, EXCEPT when the AI shoots off the screen, or when the MyPlayer user makes a mistake. Haven't seen the AI miss those yet, but on normal shots they do miss more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #36
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Nah, I feel like it’s scripted. Based on the fact alone that if the other team doesn’t box out on a jump shot, that means the shot is automatic and 100% going in — it’s heavily scripted. Even if it’s goijg in, I shouldn’t know it is every single time I see the opposite team isn’t boxing out. It just feels way too predictable.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #37
Pro

It’s 2018. We got built in video recording in our systems. Show a vid or it didn’t happen. That’s my motto
Old 09-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:

This is what I’m trying to say. I’m on Superstar and Lebron and Corey Harris on my team are shooting 60%. Lebron is 54% from 3. I played my first game against Steph Curry and he went 15/19 from 3, shattering his own record and it wasn’t me covering him. GS shot 62% that game and 64% from 3. My Lakers shot over 50% on both although we lost. It seems like open shots go in way too much. Contested shots are probably where they should be.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #39
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I hear you Erithtotl, but I actually turned down both cpu and user shooting success to 30 to tone down the FG%'s which does in fact work, EXCEPT when the AI shoots off the screen, or when the MyPlayer user makes a mistake. Haven't seen the AI miss those yet, but on normal shots they do miss more.
What difficulty are you playing on? If you're playing on anything higher than All-star, don't. The CPU is intentionally cheating against you by hitting more shots to make it more difficult, Czar made that perfectly clear.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 09-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #40
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
but I actually turned down both cpu and user shooting success to 30 to tone down the FG%'s
Wait, timeout. You're saying you adjusted sliders for MyCareer??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »