Home

XP has been reduced

This is a discussion on XP has been reduced within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 04:10 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
XP has been reduced

I have no idea why 2k have done this. After hitting us with the "we've reduced the grind", as soon as everyone owns the game, they've backtracked on this and made it exactly the same as last year.

The game is great this year, really enjoyable, with much improved gameplay, but this is such a BS move that just brings up all the old suspicions about their motives again.

I'm so f****d off with this same crap all over again. It's a video game, not a 2nd job. Come on, 2k, be better than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: XP has been reduced

Yeah saw this on reddit....bait and switch...get people to talk about how much easier the grind is then they make it harder to grind when the game is released. What a **** move....

It's a good thing the core game is awesome but MyCareer is back to being trash. Sucks for the guys that are into it...

Last edited by Goffs; 09-12-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Thank you for putting this up, was just about to pull the trigger on it but now I can save my money, as a offline My Career only guy I am more than happy to walk away on this
Old 09-12-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
Banned

I'm done with it, I'm trying to get my money back from the psn store on the grounds of false advertising. A guy on xbox was able to get a refund, and I'll just use the money for RDR2/spiderman. I'm not doing this for yet another year. Absolutely appalling business practice from a multi-billion dollar company.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:42 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Just so I understand.

Other than the focus on microtransactions/grind, your game is being positively recieved...and your first move, during RELEASE week, is to slash XP....

Someone up top isnt getting it, and needs a wake up call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
KP3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
I'm done with it, I'm trying to get my money back from the psn store on the grounds of false advertising. A guy on xbox was able to get a refund, and I'll just use the money for RDR2/spiderman. I'm not doing this for yet another year. Absolutely appalling business practice from a multi-billion dollar company.
Please update on your progress with PSN cause I bought mine through them as well. They can get really stingy.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
Pro

I was wondering why my mypoints total seemed significantly lower at the end of games yesterday. Disappointing.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Before the update, I was getting between 20,000 to 30,000 XP per MyCareer game on superstar difficulty with my pure shot creator.

After the update, I'm only getting around 10,000 to 13,000 XP per game.

Some of the shot creator's key gold and hall of fame badges also give you a pathetic amount of XP in-game.

You can go 3 for 3 on catch and shoot corner threes in a MyCareer game and you'll only get 600 XP towards each badge, and each one of them requires 60,000 XP to turn gold.

So I'd have to shoot 300 corner threes with 100% accuracy on superstar difficulty just to get two of my key badges to gold.

Tireless scorer only gives you something like 100 XP per score, which is even crazier for a shot creator, since that archetype has to earn 150,000 XP to max out the tireless scorer HOF badge.

I don't know how 2K expects us to score 1,500 times with blinking red stamina given how penalizing a low stamina bar is in this year's game. Almost all of my progress towards the tireless scorer badge has come through the practice drill, which at only 700 XP per drill, I'd have to do that drill over 200 times to max out the HOF badge.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-12-2018 at 08:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »