Home

NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #17
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
What would be solid deal for Jimmy Butler? Last year I predicted Clarkson for IT4

This year I predict..

Jimmy for Fultz and Bayless
Latest real like rumors havw deng and his contract being a apart of any butler trade. What team are you thinking about. It sounds like a real life deal will be done in a few days with the cavs being rumored

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...remasters.html
Old 09-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Deng cannot be traded. You must think of Dieng. IF he's included then cavs will get rid of Thompson and JR Smith
Old 09-23-2018, 08:13 PM   #19
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

I need to get rid of Pau Gasol, any ideas?
Old 09-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
Nikola Vucevic
Jeremy Lin
Zach Randolph
Marcin Gortat
Robin Lopez
DeMarre Carroll
Marvin Williams
Kenneth Faried

All are in the last year of their contracts, Vucevic is a pretty good upgrade over Gasol and the Magic have Bamba to develop.

Last edited by TheFinalEvent97; 09-23-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane

Depends on what you mean by "get rid of." What are you looking for? Cap relief? A younger player to bring up? Gasol's value isn't particularly high due to his age+contract.

For sentimental reasons, I'd send him to Memphis if you can work out the numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #22
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

So I have a bit of a general question to make sure I'm on the right page as far as trade values go.

Lets say I'm trading a player with about 11 million in dead $ + a useful bench type player $ for someone with 18 million in dead $ what would the difference be ? I'll post a example

Miles Plumlee (70 ovr) - 2 year & 25 million
Dedman (77 ovr) final year about 6 million

for

Evan Turner (73 ovr) - 2 year & 37 million (you could swap this to someone like Noah or Biyombo)

some other low rated player with no value on a cheap deal

Would the say a lottery protected future 1st work?

Old 09-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #23
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
So I have a bit of a general question to make sure I'm on the right page as far as trade values go.

Lets say I'm trading a player with about 11 million in dead $ + a useful bench type player $ for someone with 18 million in dead $ what would the difference be ? I'll post a example

Miles Plumlee (70 ovr) - 2 year & 25 million
Dedman (77 ovr) final year about 6 million

for

Evan Turner (73 ovr) - 2 year & 37 million (you could swap this to someone like Noah or Biyombo)

some other low rated player with no value on a cheap deal

Would the say a lottery protected future 1st work?

Depends on the fit of Dedmon, as he's the most important piece in that equation. Plumless and Turner's deals are trash, so they cancel one another out, though Turner's is a worse deal for a marginally better player.

Dedmon, however, is the best player there. If he's being brought in to be a valuable sixth-man/backup, than a future lottery protected first is fair IF the Blazers (or whatever team) is in the playoffs/in the hunt for it (hunt being within a 3 game winning streak of getting there or a small margin like that).

If I were the Hornets, I wouldn't be trading for another center. They have plenty of bigs between Kaminsky/Williams/Zeller/Hernangomez. Dedmon ain't worth a first to most teams.

If I'm the Blazers, I don't know if I make that move for Dedmon either -- is he going to be the piece to get me into the playoffs and beyond a ceremonial round 1 sweep? Depends on how much pressure Lilliard/McCollumn is putting on the front office. If I do determine that Dedmon is the best piece available at that price (and I think he's not personally), than I better convey that pick ASAP -- might just do top 10 protection on it, because if Dedmon doesn't get me into the playoffs, I'm trading either/both Lillard and McCollumn and I'll need to rebuild on the fly, so I don't want that draft pick conveying down the line when I'm worse.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #24
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Depends on the fit of Dedmon, as he's the most important piece in that equation. Plumless and Turner's deals are trash, so they cancel one another out, though Turner's is a worse deal for a marginally better player.

Dedmon, however, is the best player there. If he's being brought in to be a valuable sixth-man/backup, than a future lottery protected first is fair IF the Blazers (or whatever team) is in the playoffs/in the hunt for it (hunt being within a 3 game winning streak of getting there or a small margin like that).
gotcha just trying to get some general overview thoughts on some possible trades. I'll post a few other examples

Lets say I package Lin (78 ovr) & Dedman (77 ovr) together as both players in the final year of their contracts. I would take on a bad contract for someone that has this year and next like Noah, Ryan Anderson, Evan Turner, Brandon Knight etc. I would think getting a 1st round pick would be fair right with some protections on it ? You don't have to go over those players specifically just looking for the big picture thoughts.

I assume the taking on one bad year of salary is worth a 1st round pick still applies as long as it helps the team avoid luxury tax or free up enough cap to sign a FA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »