Home

NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #25
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
gotcha just trying to get some general overview thoughts on some possible trades. I'll post a few other examples

Lets say I package Lin (78 ovr) & Dedman (77 ovr) together as both players in the final year of their contracts. I would take on a bad contract for someone that has this year and next like Noah, Ryan Anderson, Evan Turner, Brandon Knight etc. I would think getting a 1st round pick would be fair right with some protections on it ? You don't have to go over those players specifically just looking for the big picture thoughts.

I assume the taking on one bad year of salary is worth a 1st round pick still applies as long as it helps the team avoid luxury tax or free up enough cap to sign a FA.

Lin + Dedmon? Definitely worth a 1st rounder, especially if it's for Turner or Anderson. Hell, if I'm Phoenix, I'm calling you up right now and giving you that 1st rounder, top-10 protected at best (Phoenix doesn't want to be in the lottery again, they'll happily trade for Lin who thrived in fast-paced offense anyway).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #26
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Guys, I'm approaching my first trade deadline, and am looking for ideas on who should get shipped out. Who are some players you see being candidates to get moved this year?
Old 09-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #27
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

So your in the current year or year 2? Who are some of the teams that are disappointing and stuck at the bottom of the standings ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Guys, I'm approaching my first trade deadline, and am looking for ideas on who should get shipped out. Who are some players you see being candidates to get moved this year?
Old 09-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #28
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
So your in the current year or year 2? Who are some of the teams that are disappointing and stuck at the bottom of the standings ?

In my second year, but really just want some names you guys think (regardless of record) that are good candidates to potentially move this upcoming year, since I didn't do any deadline deals in year 1 (sim season).

Last edited by trekfan; 09-26-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #29
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Blake Griffin - He is a owed a lot of $ and him or AD likely need to go

Wiggins - Big contract and isn't good enough for a 2nd option with KAT

Mccollum - they could get more young assets and build around Zion

Jrue Holliday - doesn't age well on default rosters

Kevin Love
Old 09-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #30
Rookie

Started a MyLeague last night after tinkering with sliders.... My team is Boston. But ill take over a few teams to make moves when need be. I traded Butler to Miami in a three team deal that included the Kings.

Miami gets....
Jimmy Butler
Tyus Jones
2nd round pick from Sacramento

Minnesota gets....
Josh Richardson
Justice Winslow
James Johnson
Ben McLemore (from Kings)
Future first unprotected from Miami

Kings get....
Gogui Dieng
Top 10 protected pick from Miami
Old 09-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #31
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmaloney15
Started a MyLeague last night after tinkering with sliders.... My team is Boston. But ill take over a few teams to make moves when need be. I traded Butler to Miami in a three team deal that included the Kings.

Miami gets....
Jimmy Butler
Tyus Jones
2nd round pick from Sacramento

Minnesota gets....
Josh Richardson
Justice Winslow
James Johnson
Ben McLemore (from Kings)
Future first unprotected from Miami

Kings get....
Gogui Dieng
Top 10 protected pick from Miami

I hope Miami gets Jimmy to re-sign ASAP because that's a steep price. I would have been fine if there had been only 1 future first conveyed, but 2? Miami already owes one in 2020 completely unprotected.

But, Riley is pulling the strings and if they're competitive in the East, no one will care. Unless one of those picks turn into a star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 02:49 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I hope Miami gets Jimmy to re-sign ASAP because that's a steep price. I would have been fine if there had been only 1 future first conveyed, but 2? Miami already owes one in 2020 completely unprotected.

But, Riley is pulling the strings and if they're competitive in the East, no one will care. Unless one of those picks turn into a star.
For sure a steep price.... Miami has a glut of wings. None of which are all-star caliber but they are deep. Even after that trade they would have wade, waiters, ellington, Johnson and butler as the 2/3's. They even get a backup PG. I usually have Wade pretty much serve as the backup. Two firsts is alot. I know the Kings would want a pick for taking on Diengs deal. But maybe two 2's would of made more sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »