Home

NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

I like your butler trade makes sense for all involved . Love this thread and hope it keeps on growing. I traded kemba walker and biyombo to the 76ers for fultz , Wilson Chandler, and a 1st round pick. Thoughts?
Old 10-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #34
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps
I like your butler trade makes sense for all involved . Love this thread and hope it keeps on growing. I traded kemba walker and biyombo to the 76ers for fultz , Wilson Chandler, and a 1st round pick. Thoughts?
I don't like the move for the 76ers as taking Biyombo back means the 76ers will not be able to bring anyone else in this offseason especially when you factor in a new deal for Kemba. If you just look at swapping Chandler for Biymombo on a 1 for 1 deal then the 76ers should receive a 1st round pick and in this case they are giving one up. Typically 2k is bad with the 76ers year 1 so the pick has a chance to be early 20's.

Walker is a all star type player and maybe even better then whoever the 76ers can realistically sign this summer. However they don't really need another G as they have T.J on the bench and even two other rookies. They also give up the 1st overall pick Fultz whose rating goes up like +2 if you move him to SG. Its not directly tied to your trade, but even after 2 games Fultz has proven his shooting should get a upgrade as default rosters as his FT and mid range shoot 60 or so.

Even though Walker is a lot more proven then Fultz the 76ers lose a draft pick plus the ability to sign anyone else. If i'm the 76ers I just keep my cap space open and hopes to sign Kemba this summer and keep Fultz. Even if they fail they can use the cap space to bring in 2 bench players around 10 million per year like Tryeke Evans, KCP, Mirotic etc. Fultz still has A potential in the game where Walker will get a new deal around 29 so he could start to decline in a year or two.

I spent so much time with the 76ers last year in 2k I've became very protective of their cap space and assets lol

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...remasters.html
Old 10-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #35
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm using Indiana and I've been struggling a bit so far. I think they have a decent core with Collison, Dipo, Bogs, Young, Turner, then Evans and Sabonis first up off of the bench, but after that it gets a little dicey. I guess Joseph and O'Quinn are decent bench guys but McDermott has been really bad for me.

I wouldn't mind trying to improve by bringing in a SF/PF... I'd be most interested in someone who can guard athletic/bigger SF's because Bogs versus guys like LeBron and Simmons (I've played both and got torched) is tough.

I'd be willing to trade a first and potentially take on a bad contract (if needed) to bring in the right player... mainly because let's face it, Indiana just isn't a FA destination. I was looking at a list of their top FA signings ever and man it was depressing.

The Clippers and Suns are both bad so someone like Tobias Harris (one year deal) or T.J. Warren if I wanted to go the scorer route. If I wanted to go pure defense the MKG or maybe Justice Winslow. Both will be RFA's. Charlotte is bad and Miami is okay but Winslow may be expendable for them, especially if they can get a draft pick back. I'd love to have someone like Aaron Gordon since they Pacers were interested in him in real life, but I think it may be too soon for Orlando to move on from him since they just re-signed him... and even if they were ready the price may be too steep.

What deals would be decent for those guys or is there anyone else that I'm missing?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #36
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm using Indiana and I've been struggling a bit so far. I think they have a decent core with Collison, Dipo, Bogs, Young, Turner, then Evans and Sabonis first up off of the bench, but after that it gets a little dicey. I guess Joseph and O'Quinn are decent bench guys but McDermott has been really bad for me.

I wouldn't mind trying to improve by bringing in a SF/PF... I'd be most interested in someone who can guard athletic/bigger SF's because Bogs versus guys like LeBron and Simmons (I've played both and got torched) is tough.

I'd be willing to trade a first and potentially take on a bad contract (if needed) to bring in the right player... mainly because let's face it, Indiana just isn't a FA destination. I was looking at a list of their top FA signings ever and man it was depressing.

The Clippers and Suns are both bad so someone like Tobias Harris (one year deal) or T.J. Warren if I wanted to go the scorer route. If I wanted to go pure defense the MKG or maybe Justice Winslow. Both will be RFA's. Charlotte is bad and Miami is okay but Winslow may be expendable for them, especially if they can get a draft pick back. I'd love to have someone like Aaron Gordon since they Pacers were interested in him in real life, but I think it may be too soon for Orlando to move on from him since they just re-signed him... and even if they were ready the price may be too steep.

What deals would be decent for those guys or is there anyone else that I'm missing?
I’m on the iPad so can’t type a long detailed reply

Miami is the first team that comes to mind they are typically stuck in the middle or bottom of the east. They have almost zero draft picks, no cap room going foward plus no star player. They have a lot of over priced wings that are high 70s.

You could get Winslow plus take on a high priced player like a Tyler or James Johnson. You could give them a expiring deal and a 1st

Old 10-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #37
MVP

I'm using Sonics in expansion draft alongside Vancouver Ravens. Is it fair deal if I trade two of expiring wings (Wes Matthews and Ariza) for Blake Griffin straight up? I'm using Seattle Sonics.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:22 PM   #38
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
I'm using Sonics in expansion draft alongside Vancouver Ravens. Is it fair deal if I trade two of expiring wings (Wes Matthews and Ariza) for Blake Griffin straight up? I'm using Seattle Sonics.
Hmmm interesting that would allow the pistons to tank and start over in the offseason.

If Iím running the pistons Iím asking you to take on leuer or Gallowayís contract as well if thatís possible or some kind of other smaller asset. Iíve not seen how Blake progress and declines on 2k19 but that contract could be rough if he gets hurt.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Hmmm interesting that would allow the pistons to tank and start over in the offseason.

If Iím running the pistons Iím asking you to take on leuer or Gallowayís contract as well if thatís possible or some kind of other smaller asset. Iíve not seen how Blake progress and declines on 2k19 but that contract could be rough if he gets hurt.

I will have around 80 mil in cap space next year and even more if Biyombo does not take his PO so taking a chance on Blake is fine with me since I wanna kickstart the franchise as soon as possible. They free up 35 mil in cap space and I get a star. With Blake's 35-ish mil I'd have 45 mil to fill out the team or 62 if Biyombo declines his PO. Enough for another big splash in off season (KD coming home???) or fill out the roster with short-term JJ Redick type contracts.

Is there another star that'd be available for similar package? I am not willing to give up anything more than that...
Old 10-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #40
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
I will have around 80 mil in cap space next year and even more if Biyombo does not take his PO so taking a chance on Blake is fine with me since I wanna kickstart the franchise as soon as possible. They free up 35 mil in cap space and I get a star. With Blake's 35-ish mil I'd have 45 mil to fill out the team or 62 if Biyombo declines his PO. Enough for another big splash in off season (KD coming home???) or fill out the roster with short-term JJ Redick type contracts.

Is there another star that'd be available for similar package? I am not willing to give up anything more than that...
Wiggins from the wolves might work for a Similar package as he is owed a lot of $ and maybe Otto Porter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »