Home

Can't make a shot with real FG%

This is a discussion on Can't make a shot with real FG% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 06:58 AM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can't make a shot with real FG%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMA
Who plays with real fg %?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
People who would rather a player's ratings dictate success than being able to time a button press.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #10
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
Precisely why I play with Real FG%. I just want it to be more realistic when playing against the CPU. I don't have to let my good (or bad) shooting determine outcomes when it's not meant to be winnable with the players on my team. Forces me to be smarter on kick-outs etc.

However, Real FG% is currently broken on All-Star sliders. The CPU is getting really good animations with the layups (Ben Simmons layup package is really freaking good) which is making it even weirder.

Lebron with his layup animations (while I'm playing him) cannot hit a single layup through contact.
Interesting. I'm playing with real fg% on all-star with default shooting sliders and I'm shooting around 45% with the abysmal Kings. I knocked the CPU shooting sliders down to 48 and it's been pretty even.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMA
Who plays with real fg %?!?!
Me for the reasons stated. More realistic IMO. Also, I play with the meter off, and play with too many teams to learn everyone's shot. Real FG% is perfect for me.

I haven't played this year yet, but as of last year, timing does play a part in hitting shots.

I hope thy address the issues quickly. Actually, I may not buy until this is patched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #12
Rookie

Yeah real FG% is broke, at least my copy of the game. I tried default pro and all star and I couldn't make anything. And yes I run plays all the time and it just doesn't matter, there's a lid on the basket.. I even up the shooting sliders into the 60's and still couldn't make a shot. I was 1 for 14 with Lebron and two of those misses were lay ups.. I went and traded the game in for the The Show and will wait to see if any patches fix this problem..
Old 09-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #13
Just started!

I always wonder what kind of system the CPU is on. Are they on real-fg-% or rather perfect user timing? They seem to be 100% on open threes, like green releases. I have experienced games with 86-100% from deep shooting by the CPU now, whereas I couldn't hit a single three for the life of me even with the Warriors. On All-Star.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #14
Rookie

I´m playing on All-Star with Real FG% and have no problem at all.
Actually, I lowered my 3-Point-Shooting to 48 (same for CPU) and I have pretty good results.
So I cannot agree with Real FG% being "broken".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleischmannTV
I always wonder what kind of system the CPU is on. Are they on real-fg-% or rather perfect user timing? They seem to be 100% on open threes, like green releases. I have experienced games with 86-100% from deep shooting by the CPU now, whereas I couldn't hit a single three for the life of me even with the Warriors. On All-Star.
They are on Real FG% I guess, User Timing wouldn´t make sense for CPU.
I saw Players get hot from 3, Klay destroyed me the other day, but overall I have realistic numbers.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #15
MVP

Try my sliders and see

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Lite using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 11:40 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Real field-goal percentage is the only way I play, it’s not broke it’s perfect. Not sure what you’re seeing, but I’ve played about 10 play now games and of all we shot at least 45 to 55%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »