Home

Shot space creation

This is a discussion on Shot space creation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Shot space creation

I don't know who many times we have to address this 2K... Everybody is NOT Steph Curry. It's absurd how little space the CPU needs to pull up for a jumper. If they get an inch of breathing room, they pull up for a jumper out of nowhere and hit at a ridiculous rate.

Not every single player in the NBA can take advantage of a window that small, especially not at such a high clip. Some guys only need a hand up to get distracted even if it's a slightly late contest. I know people complained about the space for jumpers being judged poorly and that this is probably to compensate for this, but it's gone too far. Everybody from DJ Augustin to Porzingis has been pulling up right in my face with hardly any room breathe and nailing it just because they jumped first.

This also works with the P&R system. You barely rub against the screener, hell he's probably not even all the way there yet, but you get sucked in and the ball handler doesn't even have to make a move. He just pulls up and drains it from three. This has to be fixed. Most players tendencies for pull ups shouldn't even be high enough for this to be an issue, but this types of jumpers account for about half of my CPU opponent's points.

(This is the case in MyCareer & MyLeague [Superstar difficulty] and also Fantasy Domination in MyTeam.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 12:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Shot space creation

lower the difficulty. asking for players to be toned down just because you want to play on superstar doesnt make any sense. just lower it to all star and adapt
Old 09-13-2018, 12:15 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
lower the difficulty. asking for players to be toned down just because you want to play on superstar doesnt make any sense. just lower it to all star and adapt
exactly, is people like the creator of this thread make 2k developers to send us patches and then end up screwing up the entire game
Old 09-13-2018, 12:23 AM   #4
Banned

SportzMan69's Arena

I love the learn and adapt folks. These we're most likely the same folks who told us to learn and adapt with blow by's. I would say with MyCareer to bump it down to All-Star or Pro. With MyLeague you can use sliders, I've found lowering the cpu's shooting sliders while raising the user on ball defense helps.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:00 AM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Having players play well above their real life skill level and take shots they wouldn't take in real life doesn't make any sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

Computer does seem to hit decently contested shots at a pretty high rate. Even on pro.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #7
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
exactly, is people like the creator of this thread make 2k developers to send us patches and then end up screwing up the entire game
Quote:
If you actually read what I said, the issue isn't the difficulty. I didn't even mention it until the end and only as a reference for others. The issue is the same on lower difficulties, it just the frequency is lower. Higher difficulties shouldn't change D.J. Augustin into Stephen Curry, he should just be a smarter DJ Augustin.

I'm not mad that I'm losing to the computer, I'm fine with that. It's actually really impressive seeing some of the AI controlled guys play like their real life counterparts and ball out. KAT killing in the post, LeBron finally abusing mismatches instead of taking 9 shots per game like in previous 2K games, Klay & Steph coming off screens and drilling shots. Lillard pulling up from 30. Even capable role players are fine. Lou Williams lit me up my first game. I'm okay with that.

What I don't want to see is those same things happening against players who aren't capable of them. Most guys in the league aren't even quick enough to play the "pull up or drive" game. Westbrook, Curry, KD, Steph, etc, but most guys aren't dual threats to drive and shoot.

There's also the issue of the defensive sliding. If every player in the game can pull up for a lightning quick, off-the-dribble jumpshot with an inch of space, then the defensive sliding has to be corrected, because one faulty animation or bogus foot slip is apparently enough to get rained on by DJ Augustin in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »