Home

How did 2K fall so far from grace? Fan reviews are in

This is a discussion on How did 2K fall so far from grace? Fan reviews are in within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 11:15 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: How did 2K fall so far from grace? Fan reviews are in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
They lost me as a long time fan.

Their target audience is the fornite crowd now who love meaningless additions and throw money at them through micro transactions which really, if people continue to do it they can’t be blamed for.

But nba basketball has taken a back seat for a game that has nba in the title which is really unfortunate

I just played a great game in my league that was the best NBA basketball experience that I can remember. Not sure what game you are referring to, but is it not 2k19.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:32 AM   #58
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
i understand the frustration with the microtransactions.

but as an offline only player(i might jump online to play with friends occasionally but thats it) i realllllly dont care about how bad the microtransactions are. it effects me 0%.

so i just want people like me to know that they should not be discouraged by the poor user reviews if you mostly just stick to myleague and dont care about making your myplayer a 99 overall.
This has been my thing since myplayer became not so fun anymore. I'll keep myself in myleague

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 12:33 AM   #59
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipsFanSince98
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nba-2k19

Yikes. 2.6 fan/audience score out of 10. Mainly due to accusations of pay to win and insane grinding. Has 2K gotten too greedy?
I think the bad reviews come from microtransactions and kids who cant cheese the way they want to. It's a tough balance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 01:19 AM   #60
MVP

jk31's Arena

the reason why i would give them a Bad score is Not because of An vc related Stuff. i dont even Touch these myplayer Modes or MyTeam. the reason is simply because every year they take something away that worked before.
right now, the online Leagues, which are the only Mode i Play on a regular Basis and the only reason i buy this game, are just filled with Bugs and errors.

they praised their New Series System but in online Leagues you cant access Series Nor can you edit your Playbook with normal plays, as 50% of plays right now are Not accessible.
they also made Things harder, by reintroducing the necessity to advance the week through the calendar. a state where we have already been 6 years ago in nba 2k13 and a state where we Know that it brings Problem to the Mode.
when Player get injured, the game gets stuck in that state.
what others mentioned is that contract extensions are Not possible during the season and restrictedfree agency is Not working.

that Mode in short words went from fully funktional (regards to what was supposed to be possible) to completely broken down because of so many errors.

thanks 2k,another year where i stand There Not even a week after Release and think, that it's another wasted year.... 2k20 cannot come fast enough.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:20 AM   #61
MVP

ph33's Arena

How did 2K fall so far from grace? Fan reviews are in

I'm just never going to understand why other fellow consumer can't just acknowledge an unfortunate situation. Instead, your efforts are focused on bringing them down.

Last edited by ph33; 09-14-2018 at 02:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 03:37 AM   #62
Pro

Another day another thread of online mode feeling entitled and bashing 2k yet playing them and paying them extra. Can we closed this thread?! there is nothing constructive nor helpful suggestions in here.

just play the game and complain about the game not the business side of it bcoz you literally cannot stop people's bagz.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osk9
My strategy is as follows:

Make a created player..player lock him in myleague..play till I have 100K VC..THEN I play mycareer. Works nicely for me every year. No EFFIN WAY I'm playing a single game in Mycareer at 60 overall lol.

MyLeague is outstanding as usual.

THIS. Creating a player, playing his career out with some high school/college rosters, then assigning him to an nba team is CRIMINALLY underrated. It's an amazing experience.

Like, I don't understand why people don't play myleague? Draft classes, total global control of the league as a whole. It's the peak 2k experience for sure.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #64
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Fall from grace...

Goes on to sell millions

Derp fans are derp

Czar got me to preorder the game because of the gameplay. I just love smart AI. Shame the game is now known as The Park.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »