Home

The amount of sliding and unnatural movement in 2K19 is heartbreaking...

This is a discussion on The amount of sliding and unnatural movement in 2K19 is heartbreaking... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #9
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The amount of sliding and unnatural movement in 2K19 is heartbreaking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Bro everything u say I tend to agree with.......this was so on point, people are so crazy with expectations that there’s always gonna be something that isn’t right or not good enough, 2K basketball is arguably the best sports game in the world and these threads are nonstop every year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah the problem is the player gets mad that something didn't happen the way they wanted to and they go into replay and see sliding or warping occued. After that they start inspecting every little thing.

I know because i used to do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #10
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Yeah the problem is the player gets mad that something didn't happen the way they wanted to and they go into replay and see sliding or warping occued. After that they start inspecting every little thing.

I know because i used to do the same thing.

I’m super OCD as many of us are, but at some point it’s easier on your nerves if u say “ it’s a video game and perfection is literally impossible “ lol it helped me some anyways, and movement sliders help me cope with some wonky stuff that can occasionally happen

Old 09-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Bro everything u say I tend to agree with.......this was so on point, people are so crazy with expectations that there’s always gonna be something that isn’t right or not good enough, 2K basketball is arguably the best sports game in the world and these threads are nonstop every year

2k is the best sports game in the world, but that doesn’t mean it can’t get better. Yes, 2k has high expectations every year. But they also have a lot of support from its fans.

The fans are what make the game. 2k has a very loyal fan base.

I think it’s dumb to say 2k just copy and pastes the game every year. Moreso it appears they’re working hard towards setting the franchise up for decade(s) of success via the Neighborhood and online play and microtransactions.

The 2k fanbase is growing, and obviously so is the revenue and funding for the next game.

2k’s model for success is brilliant from a business standpoint.

For the team’s that work on gameplay we’re giving our feedback on where to invest those resources. Gameplay is the heart of the game.

2k’s long term success is dependent ultimately on its quality of gameplay. It’s what got 2k here in the first place, and now is no time to get complacent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #12
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
2k is the best sports game in the world, but that doesn’t mean it can’t get better. Yes, 2k has high expectations every year. But they also have a lot of support from its fans.

The fans are what make the game. 2k has a very loyal fan base.

I think it’s dumb to say 2k just copy and pastes the game every year. Moreso it appears they’re working hard towards setting the franchise up for decade(s) of success via the Neighborhood and online play and microtransactions.

The 2k fanbase is growing, and obviously so is the revenue and funding for the next game.

2k’s model for success is brilliant from a business standpoint.

For the team’s that work on gameplay we’re giving our feedback on where to invest those resources. Gameplay is the heart of the game.

2k’s long term success is dependent ultimately on its quality of gameplay. It’s what got 2k here in the first place, and now is no time to get complacent.

I get it, I’m not saying be complacent but when do we finally appreciate the greatness ? It’s literally the same community criticism every year, it’ll never be right cause there’s always room for improvement like anything in life but it’s a never ending cycle that we’ve began to engage in

Old 09-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
I get it, I’m not saying be complacent but when do we finally appreciate the greatness ? It’s literally the same community criticism every year, it’ll never be right cause there’s always room for improvement like anything in life but it’s a never ending cycle that we’ve began to engage in

There’s a life lesson in this post. Sometimes we need to take a step back and appreciate what we have.

To quote T.I.

“What you need to do is be thankful
For the life you got, you know what I'm sayin?
Stop lookin' at what you ain't got
And start being thankful for what you do got”
Old 09-13-2018, 09:52 PM   #14
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
There’s a life lesson in this post. Sometimes we need to take a step back and appreciate what we have.

To quote T.I.

“What you need to do is be thankful

For the life you got, you know what I'm sayin?

Stop lookin' at what you ain't got

And start being thankful for what you do got”

Right on brother

Old 09-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #15
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Honestly sounds like you've been in replay mode too much.

This is the ugly side of sports video game animation. Certain animations/sequences require the actors to be aligned for the animations.. so you'll see sliding, especially on the ai side.

You'll see similar problems in Madden/Live. I can't speak for other sports like Soccer or Hockey because I've never played them myself.

So in short motion captured animations in the reason for the sliding.

If you want to enjoy the game do not go into replay mode and inspect everything.

I witness it in h2h

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #16
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

it's very hard to play defense for me, my player gets often stuck because of this mentioned problems.

Also control feels more responsible than 2k18....but (automated) sliding and player stuck into animations feels often awkward. It als causes advantages for cpu players...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »