Home

The amount of sliding and unnatural movement in 2K19 is heartbreaking...

This is a discussion on The amount of sliding and unnatural movement in 2K19 is heartbreaking... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #41
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The amount of sliding and unnatural movement in 2K19 is heartbreaking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I agree with what you're saying. 2K19 is the best sports game ever made hands down. But at the same time we don't want to discourage people from pointing out flaws. That's only going to push 2K to make their game greater than it already is (as long as the criticism is constructive). So I say let em cook. No harm no foul.

Ya I agree, but at a certain point there is some harm when it makes the threads toxic to a degree....... I mean the best sports game out gets talked about like it belongs in the dollar bin lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 14

Anybody got ideas which sliders to tweak to reduce magnetic sliding? The gameplay is so good but the constant sliding and force field adjustments of players is the worst I ever remember in a 2k game. Something must be causing it no?

Players are literally lateral shifting several feet.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #43
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This is obviously ugly, but I find this to be a rarity in 2k near the rim...you probably see about 10-15 executed flawlessly during a H2H match since clean penetration it more prevelant.

This is actually my #1 issue in Live, who I think we can all admit has superior footplanting....two step finishing....drop passes near the rim turning into adventures instead of quick finishes. I'm honestly kind of surprised you dont find this to be more of a problem there with this being an important issue for you.

Not trying to strike up comparisons but this particular type of play would be my Exhibit A into the drawbacks of overdoing it on the footplanting side.
To be honest, I haven't seen much of that in Live yet, but I also haven't had the setup for it much either. I'm still spending time learning the plays for the Cavs, so I'm not doing a lot of driving a dumping into the paint at this point.

That being said, Live has their own issues to work out with with responsiveness with the ball, but I haven't seen any of the defenders sliding and warping into position like in my clip above.

It's really disappointing, because that would have been a fantastic highlight play, but instead it turned into an example of a legacy issue.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:25 PM   #44
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

The sliding can ruin the suspension of disbelief BUT Czar said it is that way because that's how they get the best flow/movement on the court, particularly with playsets and stuff. He said they tried tighter foot planting in one of the series but it limited what players could do on the court. So i dunno, pick your poison i guess. 2K gameplay is just gonna be a balancing act until next gen. They change one thing and it sacrifices another. It's a constant cycle, and it will continue to go round and around until somebody builds a new physics/gameplay engine from the ground up with these learnings in mind.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
The sliding can ruin the suspension of disbelief BUT Czar said it is that way because that's how they get the best flow/movement on the court, particularly with playsets and stuff. He said they tried tighter foot planting in one of the series but it limited what players could do on the court. So i dunno, pick your poison i guess. 2K gameplay is just gonna be a balancing act until next gen. They change one thing and it sacrifices another. It's a constant cycle, and it will continue to go round and around until somebody builds a new physics/gameplay engine from the ground up with these learnings in mind.
Yeah, figures that was the case. Hopefully I can get used to it and just enjoy; right now it's killing me. It really does look and feel like one of those magnet games at times especially when there's a cluster of players close together, as they all shift around without moving their feet. See it also in PnR with the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 10:12 PM   #46
Rookie

This year's game is great. However, I still get sucked into animations way too easily. Also, some animations give an unnatural speed boost.

Common example is the running deny ball animation. Both you and the CPU will move at speeds much higher than your turbo.

It's not as bad as previous 2K, but still need improvement. There's still too much jerky, abrupt direction changes that's not really possible in real life, which makes playing defense against athletic players very, very annoying.

If they tone it down a notch or two it'll be perfect, IMO.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:03 AM   #47
Rookie

Reported from another (famous) forum. Please 2K, almost try to fix it, these animation really ruins the very good job you did this year

">
Old 09-15-2018, 04:14 AM   #48
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Hahahahahahah man that is NBA Live Andrew Bynum type of bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »