Home

Player Movement - Lets have a serious discussion

This is a discussion on Player Movement - Lets have a serious discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #33
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Player Movement - Lets have a serious discussion

Dint forget to add the mario running( running in place when u hit another player). Has been my number 1 issue with this game it takes away from the realism

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #34
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Okay, so here is a good example of what I am talking about in regards to "unlocking" the player movement potential/game potential.

One of the problems with the game out of the box is not only the players skating/floating, but the sluggishness/speed breaks that occur. Out of the box, the game feels clunky during change of direction, fastbreaks dont look or feel realistic, passing is slow and delayed, and the game severely lacks explosion.

In this video, you will notice the pace up and down the floor, the explosion on first steps, and the fact that the players are not "breaking speed" at random times. Fastbreaks look and feel better, the passing is crisper, and you won't notice "invisible walls" as much.

I've noticed that it's not the game speed thats the problem really, it's the acceleration/speed with ball/speed attributes of players. My sliders target those areas, while also making the game speed 48 (Down two from default). Watching this video, you would never know that game speed was LOWERED, which is the best part.

This game sorely lacked life, with these sliders I was able to give it some. I am also using a mod for PC that increases the lighting in the arenas, including the crowds. Which gives it a quasi Live/2K look, that brings the game to life.

Also, because of these adjustments, the games sliding isn't as noticeable, as you feel you have more control of the players. I have had a few people try them, and they said they noticed a big difference.

(Note: I play on PC, so this video showcases a Charles Barkley mod, as well as the classic Nets court in place of the BKN Nets court on the All-Time teams)

Sliders are on 2K share under Dee4three Sliders (PC)

- Start with HOF as default, and adjust per my screenshots below (Or download my sliders off of 2Kshare). You don't have to start on HOF default, this works for all difficulty levels, but its what I do.

* Put your game speed at 48.

* Pass speed: 65 - Passes by default are slow in this game, causing frustrating turnovers. If you up the pass speed slider, it makes it so passing is less delayed, and the passes themselves are faster and more realistic. Players pass with oompf, like in real life.

*Body-up Sensitivity:0 - This being at 0, cuts down on the "Invisible Wall" issue a tad, but also stops excessive slow motion side by side movement that occurs in the game. Because of this, your first step and dribble move matter more, and players feel more explosive. This is also supposed to cut down on the "sbeimg sucked in"

*Jump Shot defense strength gather and release: 40 - Lowering this to 40, makes it so if you have the appropriate space to hit a shot, you are not forced into a wild miss. This allows you to play more realistically when blue sky is present for a shot.

* Acceleration: 65 This seems to cut down on the speed breaks/sluggish play that happens. Players have a quicker and more realistic first step/catch and go, and are more explosive off the dribble.

* Speed: 57 Just as it's advertised, it's supposed give the game a more real life NBA action feel, as well as cut down on some of the speed breaks.

* Speed with ball/acceleration with ball: 75/50 ratio - Players in 2K19 run up and down the floor unrealistically slow, and fastbreaks are extremely underwhelming with the defaults of 70-30 ratio. This makes it so fastbreaks have more realistic speed from the ball handler, and combining the this with speed and acceleration increases for off ball players, the fastbreaks are more fun and realistic.

Here is another video (With game speed at 50, but with the other sliders the same). A global and court mod was used, but no enhanced lighting.

Imo that doesn't look realistic. Players look like their feet are moving faster that they are actually moving.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Imo that doesn't look realistic. Players look like their feet are moving faster that they are actually moving.

That's the skating/sliding that I can't remove from the game. The acceleration sliders are up, as well as speed with ball. But the critique doesn't really make sense, because the players don't deform as they are running because acceleration/speed sliders are adjusted, they are still running with the same posture/animations.

The game engine itself doesn't have realistic movement because of all the skating/sliding and floating that occurs, it's in sore need of some foot planting. I didn't say that the sliders could make the game like real life, I am stating that the slider give the game a more realistic pace, add explosion/flow to the game, as well as improve the feel of your players on the controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #36
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Quote:
That's the skating/sliding that I can't remove from the game. The acceleration sliders are up, as well as speed with ball. But the critique doesn't really make sense, because the players don't deform as they are running because acceleration/speed sliders are adjusted, they are still running with the same posture/animations.

The game engine itself doesn't have realistic movement because of all the skating/sliding and floating that occurs, it's in sore need of some foot planting. I didn't say that the sliders could make the game like real life, I am stating that the slider give the game a more realistic pace, add explosion/flow to the game, as well as improve the feel of your players on the controls.
The game feels sluggish at times because it/animations want you slow down or need time to develop.

Like i noticed that sometimes the players hesitate to release the ball when you transition into the run, but you'll notice it doesn't happen when you don't force it into high gear (turbo) immediately.

I gotta keep testing it, but the animations need time to blend.

For some reason i haven't seen the amount of sliding some have. Not saying it isn't there, just haven't seen it to the extent.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
The game feels sluggish at times because it/animations want you slow down or need time to develop.

Like i noticed that sometimes the players hesitate to release the ball when you transition into the run, but you'll notice it doesn't happen when you don't force it into high gear (turbo) immediately.

I gotta keep testing it, but the animations need time to blend.

For some reason i haven't seen the amount of sliding some have. Not saying it isn't there, just haven't seen it to the extent.

Your first statement is exactly what my sliders are targeting. The game being sluggish, slow, and not explosive by default is what has turned quite a few people off, and needs to be looked at.

We shouldn't be so inhibited by slow animations, or speed breaks, acceleration breaks. Invisible walls, getting sucked in to other players, not having a first step, etc. The sliders are to loosen up that player movement, give the game better pace and flow. And to overall just feel better on the sticks.

They may not be for everybody, so totally up to you if you use them. That's the beauty of sliders (if they work) we can try to tailor the game to our individual needs. However, these sliders are for the people who have a problem with your first statement about the game, and the other items I mentioned.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #38
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Quote:
Your first statement is exactly what my sliders are targeting. The game being sluggish, slow, and not explosive by default is what has turned quite a few people off, and needs to be looked at.

We shouldn't be so inhibited by slow animations, or speed breaks, acceleration breaks. Invisible walls, getting sucked in to other players, not having a first step, etc. The sliders are to loosen up that player movement, give the game better pace and flow. And to overall just feel better on the sticks.

They may not be for everybody, so totally up to you if you use them. That's the beauty of sliders (if they work) we can try to tailor the game to our individual needs. However, these sliders are for the people who have a problem with your first statement about the game, and the other items I mentioned.
I just thought it looked a little strange, but maybe on screen it looks better.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
I just thought it looked a little strange, but maybe on screen it looks better.

No worries. Get your hands on the sticks and try them out. Again, not for everybody, but it accomplished a lit of my goals in regards to improving the feel of the game.

Thanks for your input
Old 09-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #40
MVP

So I've been messing around a little and tried setting the CPU Body Up Sensitivity to 20, giving the CPU a little 'weight' seems to help get rid of the magnetic feeling it sometimes has, esp. when playing on ball D and during backdoor cuts by the player.It also seems keep your CPU team mates from getting hung up forever on screens.

Currently working on getting steals, rebounds, and fg% right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »